Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can I use just water on my wipes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124448)

tinyblackdot 04-03-2007 11:52 AM

Can I use just water on my wipes?

I was wondering why people don't use jsut water on their wipes.:headscratch: If there is some reason, like bacteri growth, or mildew problems.........and if i can't use just water, if anyone has a very mild recipe for a wipe solution. I need one without teatree, or lavender, i really would like a fragrance free one. Thanks :)

redheadedangels 04-03-2007 12:02 PM

Re: Can I use just water on my wipes?

i've always just used water. I wet a stack of them in the sink and keep them in the wipe box. I usually do enough for a couple of days. I've never had problems with mildew or stink or anything :)

MommytoJandS 04-03-2007 12:03 PM

I just use water, too. I hate the smell of Lavendar.

LessonsInLife 04-03-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redheadedangels (Post 912343)
i've always just used water. I wet a stack of them in the sink and keep them in the wipe box. I usually do enough for a couple of days. I've never had problems with mildew or stink or anything :)

This is what we do. I just recycled a baby wipes box.

kissum 04-03-2007 12:09 PM

I just use water :)

mommypatton521 04-03-2007 12:09 PM

yup you can use just water, i'd probably only wet a small stack a day to prevent bacteria worries but yeah lots of mama's use just water :)

jlkhorn 04-03-2007 12:12 PM

I use a wipes warmer with just water and baby wash cloths. It works perfectly. I've never had trouble with mildew or anything. I only put enough wipes in for a day or two and change the water and wipe out the warmer every few days.

2Boys1Girl4Me 04-03-2007 12:16 PM

You can definitely use just water. I wet mine as needed in the sink. Sometimes I spray a little olive oil or Burt's Bees apricot oil on her bum to moisturize a bit while I'm cleaning but water works just fine.

brooklynn 04-03-2007 12:18 PM

We've always done just water-wet wipes, too. I've tried other solutions and soaks, but my DC's have super sensitive skin and after a couple of bad reactions, we just keep it simple.
I just wet them in the sink before changing a dipe.

gringacely 04-03-2007 12:29 PM

We use plain old water too. I have a Calif. Baby solution but usually forget to use it.