Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Request for Prayer / Updates (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Please Pray for my Brother!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244504)

KaysieW003 07-14-2011 09:24 PM

Please Pray for my Brother!!!

If you are friends with me on facebook you can see the video :cry:

My brother was mountain biking with my cousin yesterday when he went off the trail at a high rate of speed and went directly into a tree. He was rescued off the mountain and taken to the hospital where they found he had a lacerated spleen and 5 broken ribs. The spoke of possible surgery to remove the spleen but for now they are just watching it and monitoring him in the ICU. Please pray that he heals on his own and if he does need surgery please pray that God will watch over the surgeon and guide them through the surgery with no issues or complications. :pray:

I'll update as I can. Thank you so much for your prayers.

7/15: They are keeping him in the hospital over the weekend. He did move out of ICU, but he is in a deep depression and saying how he just wishes he would die :cry: Please Please Please pray for him

7/20: He was released from the hospital and went home with my cousin who has been a really great support for him during this whole ordeal. He is still in a lot of physical pain and basically he has stopped calling and texting me so I really have no idea how he is doing mentally, but I am sure getting out of the hospital and being around his cousin and his dog (his best buddy) is making him a little better. Before he was discharged, I did call the nurses and discussed his mental status and they said they were aware of it and were dealing with it. :/ I don't know if they gave him any meds to help with his mood, but even if they did I doubt he would take it.
So him and my cousin will be driving west to Oregon sometime this week and I'll get to see him (I hope). Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers!

KaysieW003 07-15-2011 10:18 AM

Re: Please Pray for my Brother!!!

:bump: for update

bellamama 07-15-2011 10:21 AM

:hugs: I am glad he is doing better. Prayers that his spirit heals

sasra_nu 07-15-2011 10:23 AM

:hugs: Kaysie, I pray his spirits lift and that he makes a fast recovery!

hpfgirl 07-15-2011 11:15 AM

Oh no! My husband rides and I worry about him every time he's out there. We also have a friend who just had a serious road bike accident with a spine injury. We'll keep your brother in our prayers.

threekstrio 07-15-2011 11:28 AM

:pray::pray::pray:

rosenfried2 07-18-2011 06:51 PM

it hurts now but remind him that broken bones will heal! my older brother went off a cliff while driving a motorcycle and had a compound fracture of his femur! OUCH! He was also in horrific pain but has made a FULL recovery!

msuk2girl 07-18-2011 06:55 PM

I used to race and knew a guy with severe injuries. Prayers for your brother :hugs:

napua 07-20-2011 06:25 AM

How is he doing now? I hope he is feeling better, both physically and emotionally.

napua 07-20-2011 06:25 AM

How is he doing now? I hope he is feeling better, both physically and emotionally.