Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Minivan for a family of 4? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244880)

GreenDahlia 07-15-2011 02:11 PM

Minivan for a family of 4?

Is a minivan overkill for a family of four? We currently have one DD and I am pregnant with #2. We don't plan on having more children in the near future but that's not for sure yet.

We are currently looking for a new car to replace our Blazer. We are looking at a minivan and a car. My DH thinks the minivan will be too big for our family. However, I think we could definitely use the space. So if you have a minivan and are a family of 4, what do you think? Too much space, or do you definitely like having the space?

joeslittlewoman 07-15-2011 02:16 PM

I don't have a minivan, but I am starting to drool over them everytime I fasten my two in carseats into my Altima and shove all the gear, toys, and groceries into every inch of space, lol. My hubs is anti-minivan and I am too cheap to pay the extra on gas, so we are going to keep our cars as long as we can. I envy the space though.

flufflovinmama 07-15-2011 02:19 PM

We are a family of four and just got a minivan. I love it! It's a big step up from our Elantra and the extra space is wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

emilykaysmommy 07-15-2011 02:20 PM

Re: Minivan for a family of 4?

We are a family of 4 and super happy owners of a minivan. It makes life with 2 kids sooooo much easier. We take my sister and nephew places with us a lot so it gets lots of use :)

Mags462 07-15-2011 02:22 PM

DO IT! :giggle: We didn't get a minivan until i was PG with #3 but let me tell you getting two kids in/out of car seats is MUCH nicer in a minivan than an altima!

If you don't mind the loss of mpg then i would go for it! And especially if you think you will have more than 2 kids - a minivan just makes the most sense IMO :thumbsup:

Just2fornow 07-15-2011 02:22 PM

We are a family of four and currently shopping for a minivan. It makes sense to us because not only do you need extra space for all the goodies but sooner or later your kids are gonna want to have friends go with them and you will have space for extras in a minivan and not a car :)

jenmm 07-15-2011 02:26 PM

When I was single and had no kids, I wanted a minivan! I ended up buying a huge, gas-guzzling expensive SUV to haul around my dogs. I hated the vehicle and couldn't wait to sell the thing. I did get a minivan a few years later and parked the SUV (making payments on something I wasn't driving).

We have a minivan for a family of 4. I love it! I just got a newer one in March with stow n'go seats....great feature! It's so roomy for kid's stuff, groceries, etc.

BottomOfMyHearts 07-15-2011 02:29 PM

Don't have a minivan but I have an accord and a Pathfinder.

Thankgoodness for the pathfinder and the more space.

I hate cramming everything into the accord.

2peanuts1pumpkin 07-15-2011 02:29 PM

No, I don't think it's overkill. Especially if you take car trips of any length...it us SO much more comfortable for all involved! Also so much easier to put kids in and out of carseats. I really :wub: my minivan!!!

umphreysmommy 07-15-2011 02:30 PM

Ha! I was just married with a minivan!! I loved it for traveling with friends, beach trips, camping and when I had my 3 nieces. Right now we are a family of 3 and I have one of the second row seats out, I love putting groceries there on the floor. The gas mileage is way better than on my suv I had before too.