Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   If your child was sick would you take them out to playdate?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124497)

GoddessWifeMom 04-03-2007 12:51 PM

If your child was sick would you take them out to playdate??

Just wondering what other people do.

If you child was OBVIOUSLY sick, like hacking up a lung, would you still take them out to play with other children ie. like to a community center play group??

ceilismom 04-03-2007 12:58 PM

Re: If your child was sick would you take them out to playdate??

No. I got really tired of being exposed to sick people who should have been at home getting well (both co-workers and customers) when I worked in retail. No way am I going to do that to somebody else.

TwinKristi 04-03-2007 12:59 PM

Nope! I know first hand how quickly bugs spread from child to child! I had my 5 w/ my friends' 4 and my youngest started kinda throwing up a little but he's still kinda babyish so I didn't think it was like vomitting! kwim? Anyway, by the next afternoon the 2 older than the baby got it and were vomitting all night! The next morning I was up getting sick and found out that Sunday and Monday my friends' kids were sick too. They recovered by the next weekend and I had my friend's DD again but now she had diarrhea which she hadn't had prior. I made SURE to wash my hands really well and my kids & I all still got it the next day.

kimsclothkids 04-03-2007 12:59 PM

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! My kids are the type to catch anything that another kid gets. If I went somewhere and another kid was coughing like that, I would leave immediately. I would never ever ever take my child out while he was sick, both for his comfort and those around us.

masonite 04-03-2007 01:01 PM

No way!!

I have experienced that opposite side of this (others bringing sick kids to my house, and not telling me)! It SUCKS.

I have a son who has a lot of health problems, and gets sick VERY easily and very extreme. No way!

alysia101 04-03-2007 01:05 PM

I said depends. Myne are both sick but they are on antibiotics so if they were feeing up to it i might. But I'd check with the other momma first.

upstategirl 04-03-2007 01:06 PM

If it was just a cold, I would but, if it was more then a cold I would stay home with ds.

GoddessWifeMom 04-03-2007 01:07 PM

See that's what I thought.

I would also NEVER bring the kids out when they are even remotely sick.

But Public Health called today and apparently theres been a whooping cough outbreak in our neighborhood because of some parents who brought their son to the community center when he had it. :yuck:

Now my DD has it too and I think Ephie is getting it.

I wondered where she could have picked it up from. :cry:

Why would people do that it's so irresponsible.

LuAnn 04-03-2007 01:15 PM

I voted it depends but thats because Ds has asthma, so if thats kicked in but hes feeling fine and its nice out, than yes I would

eta HE ALSO HAS allergies and his nose is runny right now and 0I would take him out wiht no problems at all, and not think twice about it, well I wouldnt today because were under storm warnings

Proverbs169 04-03-2007 01:18 PM

Nope. I prefer to keep my friends, LOL.