Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Tattoos & csections (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1245919)

Mom2evie 07-17-2011 08:02 PM

Tattoos & csections

Odd topic I know :) Just wondering how many mamas had a tattoo on their stomach that got cut during a csection.

Leanbh 07-20-2011 08:45 PM

Re: Tattoos & csections

Mine is to the side so didn't get cut and it's smallish. The cut itself is not that big IMO and directly on/almost under and about the length of your p area(top). So I'd imagine most people don't have a tattoo right there. Because they shave you a bit and go where is normally under your underwear, even low underwear you can't see it.

However, tattoo was part of the conversation during c/s........

Mom2evie 07-20-2011 09:51 PM

Yeah well I'm one of those people who have a tattoo there LOL. It was a great idea when I was 20, didn't think about having babies and getting cut :) my whole lower abdomen is tattooed and got sliced. The tattoo def doesn't look like it did before :)

Leanbh 07-20-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2evie (Post 13398695)
Yeah well I'm one of those people who have a tattoo there LOL. It was a great idea when I was 20, didn't think about having babies and getting cut :) my whole lower abdomen is tattooed and got sliced. The tattoo def doesn't look like it did before :)

Oh man, that sucks. Not sure but maybe(if you could be bothered) a tattoo artist could "fix" it a bit, maybe add a bit to disguise any uneven bits.

I know I've heard of many with a tattoo on belly that got distorted when pg, with stretching so I'm sure it's common enough.

Although if you think you might have another c/s again then it might be worth waiting a bit fore before fixing?

shortcake2386 07-20-2011 10:09 PM

no...but one of the ladies i used to coach gymnastics with had tweety in a UGA leo(she was a gym dog) on her stomach and after 2 kids tweety's head was quite distorted:( i will never tattoo my abdomen for that reason:hide:

crystalanne79 07-21-2011 03:23 PM

I don't have a tattoo but just wanted to say that my scar is below the hairline so depending on your doctor they can make it where needed. They used my previous scar from surgery when I was a kid and it was lower than they would normally go.

nrsnit 07-27-2011 08:28 PM

sorry, although I have tattoos -- none are on my belly. I never wanted to show off that area ever. lol

KCmomma 08-09-2012 05:46 AM

I have a wilted flower garden tattoo, thanks to pg! There is a vine that got cut- I had the flowers really low in hopes that when I did get pg it wouldn't get messed up. In my case I have stretch marks from c/s scar to breasts so there was no chance of keeping a tattoo intact. DH had so much fun with look at your garden grow jokes durring pg so I don't regret it. NOBODY other than DH gets to see the garden -unless they are medically trained. I never would have thought having kids would make me modest!