Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anyone else participating in THE BIG LATCH ON? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1247986)

wildsissy 07-20-2011 09:44 PM

Anyone else participating in THE BIG LATCH ON?

http://www.biglatchon.org/

I knew nothing about until today when my mom (a LC) was over and mentioned it.. she asked if I wanted to come to her hospital to nurse my daughter!! helll TO THE YES! :) This is almost better than the Great Diaper Change! lol!

My Sweet Blessings 07-20-2011 09:50 PM

Re: Anyone else participating in THE BIG LATCH ON?

closest one is an hour away on a day my husband works, so i would have to bring all of my kids. not fun. wish there was one closer

onegratefulmama 07-20-2011 10:50 PM

Yep one right near me I'm so excited I have a LO nursing and can participate! Somehow we got the most FaceTime on our local newscast with the great cloth diaper change - though I had no clue there was a camera near us! Wondering if they will cover this one too or not but it would be great to promote nursing in public!

RunawayBunny 07-21-2011 07:31 AM

My son doesn't like to nurse in public unless he is desperate. I can see it now... "joey we traveled three hours! This is for the record!" And he'd be trying to look at all the babies or something :)

mickeymase 07-21-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
My son doesn't like to nurse in public unless he is desperate. I can see it now... "joey we traveled three hours! This is for the record!" And he'd be trying to look at all the babies or something :)

My daughter is the same way!!! She is so distractible and always wants to know what else is going on.

mommy22IN 07-21-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunawayBunny (Post 13400063)

My son is the same way, he will eat for 30 seconds then look around

mummy2lolo 07-21-2011 08:57 AM

this is so cool. I was so bummed I missed the CD one as it would have been great to get a group going where I am in the Caribbean. I can't miss this one...this is IMPORTANT, I am going to see if we can get a spot. I am still not sure if BF in public is actually legal in the country where I am, I'd hate to highlight a potential "issue" as I NIP all the time (no one ever has made a complaint). I guess I really need to pinpoint our law here first to determine our location.

L J 07-21-2011 09:09 AM

Grrr!!! I won't have an earthside baby yet for this. Wonder if the 4.5 year old would be willing to participate, or would that perhaps harm the cause? :giggle:

Mommyplunder 07-21-2011 09:18 AM

Awesome!!! And luckily there's one that only about 45 mins away from me. I def plan on going. Anyone else going to be at the Bloomington IN location? See you there!

erin327 07-21-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunawayBunny (Post 13400063)

This is us too. I plan to go, but I am not so sure I will be able to get my 12 month old to latch on at that exact minute when there will be so many other people around to look at.