Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Okay, who needs another accountability thread... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1248168)

buggylovemama 07-21-2011 09:01 AM

Okay, who needs another accountability thread...

If you are having trouble AGAIN with clicking that paypal 'send' button too much, let's hear it! I already bought two more Ions this morning. Even though we need them :blush:, I still need things like shampoo and makeup more:giggle2: So, lets have at it! Stop on by and vent or gush about your weakness to fluff. I will offer you my shoulder!! :hugs:

BabyFishDesigns 07-21-2011 09:08 AM

Re: Okay, who needs another accountability thread...

LOL!!! I just bought 4 of the seconds on Cotton Babies...and probably wouldn't have but I got a lot of 10 dipes in the mail yesterday that I bought off of FSOT and they STINK!!! STINK stink stink!!!! I've bleached and soaked them...now I'm just trying to decide what else to do to try and get it out!!! I'm afraid I just flushed that money...so I went out and spent some more...on dipes I know will arrive WITHOUT stinK!!! lol

faiths13 07-21-2011 09:09 AM

:bagoverhead: im buying a whole new stash like every two months now.

i just bought 11 bgos yesterday. last week i bought 9 bg aio seconds. and 2 weeks ago i bought 5 flip covers and 2 dozen prefolds. sigh...

buggylovemama 07-21-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyFishDesigns (Post 13400755)
LOL!!! I just bought 4 of the seconds on Cotton Babies...and probably wouldn't have but I got a lot of 10 dipes in the mail yesterday that I bought off of FSOT and they STINK!!! STINK stink stink!!!! I've bleached and soaked them...now I'm just trying to decide what else to do to try and get it out!!! I'm afraid I just flushed that money...so I went out and spent some more...on dipes I know will arrive WITHOUT stinK!!! lol

That is the worst. I once got a diaper that smelled like a diaper pail, and turned the water dark brown when I washed it. :yuck: Try soaking them overnight in oxyclean and then washing them with Dawn on HOT several times. I am so sorry mama. I've been there.:hugs:

buggylovemama 07-21-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faiths13 (Post 13400770)
:bagoverhead: im buying a whole new stash like every two months now.

i just bought 11 bgos yesterday. last week i bought 9 bg aio seconds. and 2 weeks ago i bought 5 flip covers and 2 dozen prefolds. sigh...

Don't feel bad. Because then, I will just buy them from you!! lol:roflmbo:

DottieHarley 07-21-2011 09:49 AM

Haha, every time I think I'm SET... DD grows! I fell in love with side snaps and now her bottombumpers are too small, and her sized BG's are getting tight as well (and apparently I missed the 2nd round of second on cottonbabies :-() So I want to replace them, but DH has requested that we replace ALL outgrown diapers with BGE's (aka "daycare dipes"). But he probably won't notice/mind some more Grovias... and he didn't seem to care about the load of Flips I just bought... and now I am thinking that DD is also right on the edge, size-wise, of Thirsties size 1 for the duo inserts and my beloved hemp prefolds :wub: So I will need more, more, more of those!
I'm actually happy that I'm not allowed to have personal packages sent to my office, because that would just enable the fluff habit.

Luvingmy4boys 07-21-2011 11:31 AM

I have a real "sickness". :blush: I have bought so much lately it's not even funny. Sadly, they are all up on FSOT now which is the usual trend. I think the main reason is that I am so picky on fit. I try to buy when the package will arrive during the weekday so DH won't see new things coming in. He always ask why I keep buying things while I have a store in my home. He says "something here has to make you happy". :giggle:

I still have a few dozen Ikea flats on the way. I just tried those and really like them so I had to get not 1 pack of 3 but 8 packs of 3.

What's the number to Cloth Diaper Shopaholics Anonymous? :roflmbo:

Msheidiann 07-21-2011 11:41 AM

Oh man! That's me! Clicking "pay now" too much! Even though I am a newbie, I have built up a pretty substantial stash pretty quickly. Of course FOUR packages showed up Saturday when DH was home! He said "no more diapers!" unfortunately I have purchased more that will likely arrive on a Saturday...AGAIN! I am trying to stay away from cotton babies...stay away! Away!!!!

BabyFishDesigns 07-21-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggylovemama (Post 13400795)
That is the worst. I once got a diaper that smelled like a diaper pail, and turned the water dark brown when I washed it. :yuck: Try soaking them overnight in oxyclean and then washing them with Dawn on HOT several times. I am so sorry mama. I've been there.:hugs:

Thanks! Someone else suggested bleaching them...so I tried that and now they're washing again. If that doesn't work I'll give your idea a try and then I'm going to throw them out the window!!! :mad: lol, oh well...ya live ya learn. If the deal seems too good to be true...it probably is!

katelyn08 07-21-2011 12:14 PM

Hmm lets see this month I have purchased 4 tubs of CJ's BUTTer, 12 large Bumgenius AIO seconds, Icandy stroller, A cute head band, a Fuzzibunz OS, a Sewing machine & accessories, 4 cj's lip balms, and stocked up on laundry detergent for $1.50 a bottle. LOL. I was going to order 12 more AIO's but they disappeared from my cart, maybe a good thing (: