Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Spontaneous Lactation? Advice wanted <3 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1248239)

BooneNicuMama 07-21-2011 10:41 AM

Spontaneous Lactation? Advice wanted <3

What on earth would cause this? I haven't been nursing my little one since she was six months old. ( Much to my dismay, I'll admit. ) I was completely dried up, she was losing weight, the pump got nothing kind of not nursing since six months.

I tried for a while afterwords, but nothing. ( Zip, nadda... she'd been eating supplements since five months due to the weight issue. :cry: )

This last month or so I have been stressing that I might be pregnant. ( And that is a major stress with two littles under 2) Thankfully we confirmed not pregnant last week. But this morning I woke up, and my entire front of my night gown was soaked???!?!?!

And I was determined my husband dumped his water in the bed or something. However, i took my PJ top off, and I was still leaking everywhere. I wasn't tight, and if I like compress I get nothing, but if I just leave them alone, they want to leak everywhere.

Since it's been nearly three months since my daughter was even brought to the breast, do you think she would latch on? What could have brought this one in the first place? I'm so confused and haven't heard of this happening before.....:sadno:

Mamma527 07-21-2011 06:01 PM

I'm not sure. You can always see if she will nurse. It could hurt anything.

kocho 07-21-2011 09:13 PM

Re: Spontaneous Lactation? Advice wanted <3

I have no idea. But if you have milk and miss her nursing, give it a go.

bellaphira 07-21-2011 09:19 PM

confirmed not pregnant how (if you don't mind me asking)? Home test or blood test? My mom tested negative for like the 1st month of being pregnant, but lactated (that's how she knew she was pregnant)

BooneNicuMama 07-22-2011 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellaphira (Post 13406181)
confirmed not pregnant how (if you don't mind me asking)? Home test or blood test? My mom tested negative for like the 1st month of being pregnant, but lactated (that's how she knew she was pregnant)

Went to my OB :thumbsup: ( u/s)
I didn't test positive with my first until I was 10 weeks along :giggle:

northknoxmomma 07-22-2011 07:25 AM

If you want to nurse again, I say yay... go for it!!! See if she will latch, and work with her. I am sure there are mama's on here that might have good advice on relactating, in fact I think there was a thread not long ago about a mama whose toddler (a twin maybe?) learned to re-latch when the mama had a newbie....
I would be able to express a *very little* for many months after weaning.

blueone 07-22-2011 07:30 AM

Have you been tested for hyperthyroid or any other condition that can cause this? Maybe your hormones are unbalanced. I'd suggest getting all your hormone levels checked. I think there is a condition that causes milk production that involves a hormone prolactin. It's easy to fix though.

Oh, I should add I had started leaking milk a couple weeks ago and my breasts were so sore. I thought I was pregnant, but it turns out my T3 thyroid dose was too high and that was what caused it. They had sent me the dose that was one step higher. Once I fixed it I was fine again and no more leaking milk.

BooneNicuMama 07-22-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueone (Post 13407646)
Have you been tested for hyperthyroid or any other condition that can cause this? Maybe your hormones are unbalanced. I'd suggest getting all your hormone levels checked. I think there is a condition that causes milk production that involves a hormone prolactin. It's easy to fix though.

Oh, I should add I had started leaking milk a couple weeks ago and my breasts were so sore. I thought I was pregnant, but it turns out my T3 thyroid dose was too high and that was what caused it. They had sent me the dose that was one step higher. Once I fixed it I was fine again and no more leaking milk.

My Dr. and I think it might be due to my birth control. I've always been sensitive to hormone birth control and I had to mess with it this last month because of the pregnancy scare... I didn't want to take my BC if I was preggo. :D

Also, I've been around alot of other expecting preggo/new mommies, and the last two years, both years, at this time, I was pregnant. So, my dr says I've got alot of innocent factors going. She did a bit of blood work and it's all come back fine.