Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What is it with people lately???? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12483)

rowynne 06-07-2006 04:41 PM

What is it with people lately????

First, I am PRETTY sure I have gotten burned for the first time here. I traded a mama 5 of my med hhs for 5 petite toddler fbs, 19 days later, no sign of diapers from her & no response to my PMs or an email. I am REALLY bummed about that one the most because we needed those!

Second, when I list things FSOT, I put in nice, close up pics of the diapers & what their condition is to the BEST of my knowledge. I've got a buyer first said that the elastic was a bit loose on the legs, then it was shot, now all the elastic is totally shot. Now all 3 dipes were sold to ME as thats how they were SUPPOSED to be, GUC. Its how I listed them, Took good pics of it. If you KNOW what the diaper should look like, its easy to tell this about the elastic. Now that I KNOW, I looked at the pics & yeah, you can tell its shot but I never would have known that before! So this buyer, pointing this out to me definately should have been able to tell from my pics!!! I offered a refund minus shipping :banghead:

Here are the dipes in question, as a buyer, if you "knew" the brands (cloud 9 softie & Little Caboose) would you be able to tell this before you bought them?

2 cloud 9 softies
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15...s/101_1557.jpg

Purple Little caboose- bottom right corner
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15...s/101_1556.jpg

Bare Bottom Gear 06-07-2006 04:49 PM

Re: What is it with people lately????

Oh man! You should pm the mods about the person if you haven't already.

As far as the elastic goes.....you listed them to the best of your knowledge and you acted appropriately by offering a refund......I bought a dipe and it ended up having shot elastic and I told her and refused a refund cuz she needed it more than I did. Plus, now that I know how to make diapers I can fix it myself.

(((hugs)))

*MamaStacy* 06-07-2006 04:51 PM

:hugs: Sorry to hear you got burned. Luckily I haven't had that happen yet and I hope it doesn't ever happen. I can tell from the pics that the elastic is shot, its totally noticeable. Although if you didn't know the elastic was shot, I wouldn't blame YOU for it, but I would expect a refund. Is it possible that the buyer didn't know that the elastic was shot (possibly newer to CD.) I sold a Mutt to a mama here a few months back, I had no idea about those diapers and she said the elastic was shot. I knew NOTHING about Mutts so I had no idea. In my case, the mama understood and accepted my apologies and decided to have the diaper fixed herself. But I did offer to pay for the repair. :thumbsup:

itsmelanie 06-07-2006 05:07 PM

Oh gosh, I was getting panicky when I saw the preview to this thread! I hope you received your part of our trade by now, and that you are happy with the inserts. :) Trades are the hardest because condition is so subjective. I hope you get a reasonable response from the other mamas.

Fullhouse 06-07-2006 05:34 PM

Clound 9 has extreamly loose elastic!!! I would think it was shot if I mine new didn't come that way.

SheilaJoy 06-07-2006 05:53 PM

Cloud 9s do have somewhat looser elastic than other dipes, but in those pics you can tell there is pretty much no gathering there, it's just loose. However, if I were buying these I *might* have overlooked that (although it does look kind of obvious), but I would have been happy with a refund minus shipping. These things just happen.

I really hope you get your FB! That's a lot of money in 5 HH!

lararum 06-07-2006 06:33 PM

I'm sorry that happened to you. I am relatively new at buying used dipes, and am not familiar with those brands, but even I can tell the elastic is shot.
:hugs:

Samantha 06-07-2006 06:37 PM

PM any of the MODs with whoever your trade is with.

About the shot elastic...I would have noticed the elastic was shot. Those pics its obvious!

ChurchPunkMom 06-07-2006 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiveblessings
Cloud 9s do have somewhat looser elastic than other dipes, but in those pics you can tell there is pretty much no gathering there, it's just loose. However, if I were buying these I *might* have overlooked that (although it does look kind of obvious), but I would have been happy with a refund minus shipping. These things just happen.

I really hope you get your FB! That's a lot of money in 5 HH!

Ditto.
nak

rowynne 06-07-2006 07:51 PM

The mama PM'd me and told me she new Cloud 9s had stretchier elastic so she should have been able to tell from the pic. WHen I bought them, no one told me the elastic was shot...I thought thats the way they made cloud 9s (& i liked it better anyway). SHe also told me in her first PM that she would just fix it, then in the 2nd she said the back elastic was shot too but suddenly she couldnt fix that? I mean, if you can TELL by looking at the pics that the elastic is bad...its not like I had bad pics up or said they were excellent condition or anything!!

Melanie- nope, i got the CBs yesterday or monday....did I forget to leave FB :) I would have PMd you if it was you...the momma that got my HHs I pm'd 2-3 times and emailed. SHe was on 10 days after she agreed to ship & never PM'd me to tell me she was delayed or anything so I dont know WHAT to think about that...those HHs were in great condition so I'm out about $60 & no FBs :(