Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Help me find an AIO that fits a LARGER 1 year old...needs to be SUPER absorbent! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1250828)

ross1622 07-25-2011 10:31 PM

Help me find an AIO that fits a LARGER 1 year old...needs to be SUPER absorbent!

I need to find some aio's that will fit my larger 1 year old for awhile, he has a horribly tall rise and already wears 2t clothes.. he's a big, tall boy. He is an incredibly heavy wetter.. so it needs to be absorbent! any suggestions?

hampyfew 07-25-2011 10:36 PM

Re: Help me find an AIO that fits a LARGER 1 year old...needs to be SUPER absorbent!

Nana's Bottoms makes a large with a 19: rise. My DS is almost 18 months old, 27lbs and has TONS of room to grow in these. We have velcro and the tabs just about touch. She offers hemp and bamboo for soaker options, and can leave a pocket opening if you need to add more absorbency. She typically runs a sale code with as much as 30% off...I got mine for around $10 each, including shipping! And that's for bamboo.

hampyfew 07-25-2011 10:41 PM

Re: Help me find an AIO that fits a LARGER 1 year old...needs to be SUPER absorbent!

I also love Grovia AIOs. They are side snapping, organic cotton. He is still on the middle rise and has tons of room on the thigh snaps. Once fully prepped (around 10 washes) they are very absorbent!

leadmare 01-12-2013 08:37 PM

I personally didn't care for the grovia AIO. I thought it showed wear early, and the rise was short; so wouldn't recommend it for your situation. I would definitely check out the sized Swaddlebees Simplex in size large. They are large, lol, and have an opening you could stuff if you wanted additional absorbency.

MothyrGrimm 01-12-2013 08:44 PM

I could have posted this myself! Subbing to see what everyone suggests.

I've been dying to find a solution and ds is soaking through our nighttime BG Freetime plus one bamboo and one hemp insert. Ugh.

Kabuki24 01-12-2013 09:48 PM

Have you tried a one-size Swaddlebees Simplex? My son is 22 months, 28lbs (pretty average), and he's only on the middle rise. I trust these for nap time without a doubler.

kirst 01-12-2013 10:27 PM

I've never tried the Simplex because I'm so gunshy of "OS" now, but I will offer a second vote for Nana's Bottoms. She will customize them, but to be honest, I think it might be hard to get them clean if you added too many more layers than what she offers as her standard. I got mine with bamboo and asked her to leave the back open as a pocket to add a doubler (and to turn inside out as they dry way faster that way).

There are 4 layers of bamboo fleece standard which lasts my heavy wetter about 1.5-2 hours (but he pees through even overnight disposables, so very heavy wetter).
With a small hemp doubler at front, he can go about 4 hrs. I never have leaks or wicking around the legs, which I was worried about initially because these diapers do not have encased leg elastic. They can be completely soaked but won't leak.

AHASRADA 01-12-2013 10:58 PM

ME AIO. They offer both size large (up to 35 lbs) and extra large (35-45lbs). My almost 30lb. dd can wear both. If your guy is tall and weighs around 30 lbs, I'd get the xlg, although they both have a good rise.

They are a bit bulky, especially if you size up, but they provide great coverage and plenty of room to lay in doublers if you want to. Very absorbent on their own too, much better than the large simplex IME, even when stuffed.