Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   finally, my birth story - HVBA2C (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125150)

marymom 04-04-2007 03:22 PM

finally, my birth story - HVBA2C

It all started on March 26, 2007. It was 6:15 Monday morning when my water broke minutes after my husband and i had a little fun. To think he didn't believe having sex would do anything, ha. I immediately turned on my computer to tell all my online friends, then i called my mom and my midwife. A few hours had passed and nothing was happening so Paul and I took a 20 minute walk. With each walk the contractions grew stronger and more regular. By dinner time the contractions were really intense and very close together. At around 10:30 pm i was only dialated 3 cm. I am ashamed to say that i was so tired and in so much pain i decided to go to the hospital. When we arrived i was checked and at 8 cm. That was fast!!! The on-call Dr. refused, yes refused, to participate in my VBA2C and would only deliver my baby by another c-section. UGH!! I got up, dressed, and walked right out of that hospital and went home, lol. It took a few more hours to complete dialation and the midwives came to the conclusion that the baby was in an ackward position. I had to push in the most uncomfortable positions!!! Squatting brought him down the most but it was so hard!!! At 5:40 am, after 2 1/2 hours of pushing, Elijah James was born - 8lbs 1oz, 21in. He was immediately laid next to me and Paul cut the cord. I'm teary eyed as i write this. Well, 6 hours after little Eli was born i had to be transferred to the hospital due to blood loss and low blood pressure (80/40), my feet turned blue. At the hospital the Dr. had to manually extract the blood clots from my uterus, i was still pain meds free and it hurt worse than having the baby. I had to stay overnight with an IV of antibiotics because i had a fever. The good news is that i didn't have to admit Eli but he was able to stay the night with me. i'm sure i left out tons, it's hard to remember everything. All in all i had an amazing birth and i would do it again in a heartbeat, except the hospital trip.

Fullhouse 04-04-2007 03:29 PM

Re: finally, my birth story - HVBA2C

Congrats mama!

masonite 04-04-2007 03:32 PM

Congrats mama!! I'm so glad he arrived safe and sound!!

MyCrazy8 04-04-2007 03:33 PM

Congrats!!! I'm so proud of you for leaving the hospital! Sorry about the transfer afterwards though. Glad you had a great experience!

bluebonnet 04-04-2007 03:47 PM

Congrats Mama!! How proud of your family you must be!!:goodvibes: :hugs: :goodvibes: :hugs: :goodvibes:

happyhomemom 04-04-2007 08:10 PM

Congratulations Good for you to not let the doctor bully you. I would write a letter to the hospital. In today's day and age to tell a woman dilated to 8 with no problems to have a c section should be malpractice.

LeighaGrace 04-04-2007 08:19 PM

How sweet! Congrats!

hollydlr 04-04-2007 08:29 PM

Oh my gosh mama - you are amazing! We need more strong women like you in this world! Congrats!

Mama3xsm 04-04-2007 08:30 PM

Congrats mama! I am so glad you were okay. And I envy you for being that strong too! Do you have pictures of your lil' man?

*MamaStacy* 04-04-2007 08:56 PM

Congrats, Mary! I was worried about you, mama! He's beautiful (I saw the pics in the other thread) and you did a good job by walking out of that hospital! :hugs: