Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   She doesnt do that with my milk! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1251524)

5PrincessMommy 07-26-2011 11:49 PM

She doesnt do that with my milk!

Ok this is totally dumb but it made me sad. Dd was thoroughly enjoying dinner tonight. I usually don't give her anything to drink until she's already eaten a good amount b/c if I do, shell guzzle the milk/water/juice and then not eat. So anyway she ate a whole chicken taco and wanted more so I gave her more and a cup of milk. She drinks it and goes "Ahhh", like you do when you take a good drink of something lol. So then dh and her sisters start cracking up so she does it over and over. But for some dumb reason it made me sad and I said "she doesn't do that for my milk".

Now I'm sure she was just thirsty so it tasted really good b/c she had just eaten a whole chicken taco but now I'm second guessing what if she likes cow milk more than mine??

Ok I told you it was dumb!

amhuerta 07-27-2011 12:53 AM

Re: She doesnt do that with my milk!

My son makes yum noises when he drinks milk also but he would drop that cup faster than you could blink if he had the choice of me. Don't worry mama. Your more than just a beverage. It is sad that kids grow so fast, but they sure are funny:) And your not dumb, your a mom. We live with our hearts:)

DaisyGraceBoutique 07-27-2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amhuerta
My son makes yum noises when he drinks milk also but he would drop that cup faster than you could blink if he had the choice of me. Don't worry mama. Your more than just a beverage. It is sad that kids grow so fast, but they sure are funny:) And your not dumb, your a mom. We live with our hearts:)

This!

colin-mylilguy 07-27-2011 09:24 AM

I couldn't agree more. Well said. :)

hpfgirl 07-27-2011 12:13 PM

My ds just does that to copy daddy - even if he's chugging plain ol' water. He squeals when he's happy during nursing. It's so sweet.

happysmileylady 07-27-2011 12:16 PM

Do you give her expressed milk in a cup? Could it be that she just does it because it's a cup? Well that and obviously everyone loved it and she got gobs of attention too lol

crunchymomof3 07-27-2011 12:25 PM

i agree with all of the above :)

Len27 07-27-2011 04:50 PM

I kinda get how you feel:). My lil dude goes on nursing strikes frequently, for just about any reason- teething, stuffed up, the wind is blowing, the dog looked at him funny, whatever. But he LOVES real food. LOVES it. It is all emotional and not rational, but it makes me a bit sad too.

5PrincessMommy 07-27-2011 04:51 PM

I feel better today. I know she loves nursing. I think I'm just having a hard time because I'm going to work next week and won't be nursing her for 8 hours a day, which is totally fine because she's 16 months and eats and drinks regular foods like there's a famine. I think I was just being overly emotional!