Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   He wont stop biting me! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1252154)

mamayogibear 07-27-2011 10:34 PM

He wont stop biting me!

I'm sure there are threads here similar to this but wow, my eleven month old son is gnawing on everything now that he has three teeth! He bites when he's nursing and laughs about it, he walks up to me and bites me if I'm focusing on something else, he bites his sister if she takes his toy. He is crazy about biting!!!
His sister only bit me a handful of times when nursing. I would stop nursing her and tell her if she bites she can't have snuggles. She would cry then sign for nursing and not bite me. He on the other hand just laughs and tries to pull my shirt off and bites my hands...
I'm sure he'll get over it soon but omg this is painful!

proudmama4 07-28-2011 06:51 AM

Re: He wont stop biting me!

Try not to use too many words. Stick to a firm "No Biting." I would also take my index finger and pop my LO's noses. If he laughs and starts making it a game, try putting him in his crib for a few minutes and walk away. You can do that if he bites his sister too. My guess is once he learns he won't get attention after biting, he might stop. Good luck. That's a hard situation.

mamayogibear 07-28-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proudmama4 (Post 13447207)
Try not to use too many words. Stick to a firm "No Biting." I would also take my index finger and pop my LO's noses. If he laughs and starts making it a game, try putting him in his crib for a few minutes and walk away. You can do that if he bites his sister too. My guess is once he learns he won't get attention after biting, he might stop. Good luck. That's a hard situation.

I've bot the firm 'no biting' down, but I won't pop him in the nose with my finger. No crib here either so crib time wont work. With his sister telling her she couldn't nurse if she bit worked because she would sit and look at me to tell her it was okay to nurse again. He is just too determined and starts biting my hands and pulling at my shirt after a couple seconds of no nursing. I guess I'll have to put him down and get up and walk away to the other side of the baby gate? When he bites his sister she runs away from him and usually takes his toy with her so I think she is doing a better job of conveying the no bite message than I am!

sisu 07-28-2011 09:41 AM

DS did this too, and it was always especially bad when he was teething. :( What worked the best when he bit was absolutely no reaction from me WHATSOEVER besides getting up, setting him on the floor, and walking away for 2 or 3 minutes. He giggled when I screeched in pain, he giggled when I said "no biting", he giggled if I frowned at him. He enjoyed the reactions he got when he bit (little psycho ;)), so no reaction at all was the worst consequence for him. Good luck! Biting SUCKS!