Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best Bottoms any good? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1254923)

Servant4Christ 08-01-2011 06:31 PM

Best Bottoms any good?

I'm looking at the best bottom covers and like the gussets and os and pretty much everything else I see about them. Any mamas have experience with these? I'm dying for something that fits without leaving red marks on lo's super chunky thighs and that won't leak everytime dh plays with him. And super-trim under clothing would be icing on the cake!

God Bless!

Servant4Christ 08-01-2011 07:03 PM

Re: Best Bottoms?

:popcorn:

Leiiki 08-01-2011 07:24 PM

I live right near Nickis Diapers, so I've got one of every cover and insert. I think they work well from 3mos to 1year. The gussets are great, but the inserts are skinny and poop will get on the cover every time. They aren't absorbent enough for nights, ever. The overnight inserts are a joke. The diapers are lovely and very trim, especially with the hemp inserts. They are also very durable, no worn elastic, PUL, or aplix after 15mos. Inserts wash up clean and dry reasonably fast. Rise is much lower on the snap shells, Aplix is very stiff and rubs at thighs and belly at certain ages/weights. Any other concerns I can address?

Servant4Christ 08-01-2011 07:33 PM

Re: Best Bottoms any good?

Do the covers hold everything in? We use sposies for overnight bc ds is such a heavy wetter so nighttime is a non-issue but the only issue hubby has with our cloth is that the elastic tends to roll and causes wicking/leaks everytime he plays around with lo.

Leiiki 08-01-2011 08:17 PM

Yep, the covers hold everything in, especially the snap ones because they have front elastic too. Only had one leak - DD held for four hours in the Ergo and then flooded: compression, plus volume, plus position made us both very wet!

DecsMama 08-01-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leiiki (Post 13477236)
I live right near Nickis Diapers, so I've got one of every cover and insert. I think they work well from 3mos to 1year. The gussets are great, but the inserts are skinny and poop will get on the cover every time. They aren't absorbent enough for nights, ever. The overnight inserts are a joke. The diapers are lovely and very trim, especially with the hemp inserts. They are also very durable, no worn elastic, PUL, or aplix after 15mos. Inserts wash up clean and dry reasonably fast. Rise is much lower on the snap shells, Aplix is very stiff and rubs at thighs and belly at certain ages/weights. Any other concerns I can address?

This exactly, except I live across town from Nicki's Diapers. :giggle2:

LittleLady8 08-01-2011 09:02 PM

There was a thread recently about BB. Maybe you could search and find it? I have a love/hate relationship. On one hand I like the gussets and cute prints but on the other hand, I think the cover is small for a one size and wish it had more stretch. There really isn't any. BUT it won't leak on you! I actually have been trifolding GMD yellows on the second to biggest rise setting and liking it a lot more than the inserts. My kid's legs aren't chunky so I can't comment on that part. I thought I would love this system but sadly don't :(

eta: have you tried flip covers? they don't have gussets but I don't have leaks with those either. one I have with gussets that I like a lot is the sized thirsties covers.

Servant4Christ 08-02-2011 09:03 AM

I'm just hoping to find a good cover to use with my ragababe inserts and fold to fit bamboo flats but that the inserts won't shift around in. I'd like gussets to hold everything in bc our current cds (pockets) have elastic that tends to roll which causes wicking out of the legs or waist, whichever one rolls. I've never tried snaps but am willing to try and I love front waist elastic bc it keeps me from getting bunched fabric and gaps in the front. DS has chunky thighs and is quite tall.... he's just big all over! :giggle: At 7.5 months, we're using our os wahmies pockets fully unsnapped. Any suggestions?

Janet4 08-02-2011 09:35 AM

Have you checked/considered Greenline covers? They are VERY trim & they're supposed to be good for chunky thighed LOs. I think they have measurements for waist & rise on their website. Also, their velcro is really strong.

i.heart.nolan 08-05-2011 12:23 AM

I LOVE my best bottoms! They're my favorite diaper. I haven't had a single leak with them! ^ I have a few greenline dipes too. If you're having trouble with the legs fitting, give greenline a try. Plus, they have the cutest prints!!