Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Maternity Leave for you working preggo mamas :D (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1255412)

frenchyloveslarry 08-02-2011 02:44 PM

Maternity Leave for you working preggo mamas :D

When and how long? Im trying to hold off for as long as I can cause hubby is unemployed and we can use any $ but Im getting soooo tired. I plan on taking the 6 weeks and hoping dh finds a job soon so I can take an additional 6 weeks on the family paid leave act. I also plan on looking for a job closer to home I know risky but I just cant commute 36 miles one way everyday anymore I feel so out of time for everything and even when the new baby is here I know it will be worse. What is the plan for you working mamas?

rainydaysunshine 08-02-2011 03:51 PM

Re: Maternity Leave for you working preggo mamas :D

I plan on doing the same thing as last time, working until I go into labor. Unfortunately, I was only able to afford 6 1/2 wks off last time. This time we have savings for 10 wks.

Ten 08-02-2011 04:47 PM

I plan on working until I go into labor. I get 6 weeks paid, so since I'm the only income for the family (DH unemployed) that's all I'll be able to take.

Of course, in the meantime I'm :pray: that DH gets a fantastic job and I can quit and stay home with the baby! :mrgreen:

Beccadssmomma 08-02-2011 06:19 PM

I teach and am due in Feb, so I'm hoping to take off the rest of the school year. I get 6 weeks paid (but I have to use my sick leave) plus another 6 w/ the family paid leave act. However we are saving this time around! We hope to have between $7-8 thousand saved up.

husemoller23 08-02-2011 06:29 PM

I am leaving work at 38 weeks, only because I am a grocery stocker and lifting gets OLD!! I get 8 weeks paid, and I have short term disability through aflac that also pays $1000 a month for 2 months. I am taking a total of 13 weeks.

Urchin 08-03-2011 04:30 AM

I unfortunately had to start my leave almost 3 months early due to kidney issues. So I am on Mat leave now, but using my sick benefits first.

I will start my official Mat leave when baby is born and return to work hopefully September 2012. The government pays me 45-55% of my regular wage during this time.

youngmomma 08-03-2011 05:29 AM

With my first I worked for a small company that wasn't covered under the Family leave act. But they paid for the short term disability that covered my 6 weeks of paid leave. Then worked out a schedule with them to take an additional 6 weeks at part time hours. It really helped with the transition to start back at part time.

mms1972 08-03-2011 06:12 AM

I will work up until I go into labor then take 6 weeks after.....i would love to possibly extend that to 8 weeks but not sure. I work at home as a Medical records Coder.

stacieandtheboys 08-03-2011 07:45 AM

I plan on taking 12 wks. I have some PTO plus EIB and then I will start STD. I may not go back after baby is born but if I do it will only be for 2 or 3 months unless I can go PRN. I plan on working till my due date if I make it that long.

AniMommy 08-03-2011 01:36 PM

I worked up to my due date. In oregon, a parent is entitled to 12 weeks of leave if more than 50 employees at work. It's not paid however. I used sick leave and vacation and had most of my leave paid.

Check your state's (and local) rules. The fed gov't requires a minimum of 6 weeks unpaid, other places give additional time/money protections. I think a girlfriend of my in San Fran area had paid leave for a pretty lenghty time, but don't know the particulars.

I work 45 miles from home, but we figured it out. You will too!