Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   If you got in a bind financially would you... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1256276)

TalkinBoutMyGirl 08-03-2011 10:09 PM

If you got in a bind financially would you...

...sell your beloved car seats? Situation: I am unemployed and its look crappy. I have 4 RNXTSLs (and one extra cover), 1 MR, 1 EFTA, 3 Sceneras and an Avenue. So technically I could sell 6 car seats and make a CHUNK of change. DD is about 32 lbs so I'd have to FF her sooner than I had planned if I sold all but the Sceneras and Avenue. I HATE to do this but in a month if worse comes to worse they are my biggest asset right now. Would you do it or hold on for dear life? DD is 2.5 years old, 32lbs and I guess around 32 or 33 inches.

monica-m 08-03-2011 10:19 PM

Re: If you got in a bind financially would you...

Hang on to one XTSL and sell the other 3 and the extra cover if you can bear to part with it as well as the MR and the EFTA. I don't know how much you would get for the Avenue or the Sceneras since they aren't that much to begin with. I'm sorry you are in this situation.

TalkinBoutMyGirl 08-03-2011 10:39 PM

I wouldn't sell the Sceneras or Avenues..I seriously wouldn't get hardly anything for them and it's just not worth it at all. I would use those but probably have to FF her before she turns 3 as she is in the middle of a growth spurt.

an_aurora 08-03-2011 11:23 PM

I'd sell all but one Radian and use the Scenera and Avenue as backup seats. I would FF at 3 in other cars if needed.

lakerfan420 08-04-2011 12:32 AM

I'd keep 1 radian along with the sceneras and avenues. The other seats should bring in some nice cash and you'd still have one seat to keep her rf'ing longer, even if it needed to be moved from one car to another. Been there and done that myself, and while it's a major PITA, well worth it in the long run. And you'd still have the other seats as backups. Hope things get better for you mama and good luck!

Brooke789 08-04-2011 03:46 AM

Car seats don't seem to sell on craigslist around here. I had my two bucket seats listed for 4-6 months. I dropped the price from $50 down to $20 and one of them still never sold. (They were 30lb seats not the regular 22). I'm not too sure you'd even be able to get much out of them, but I'm baffled to why you have so many seats!

Gitrecca 08-04-2011 06:33 AM

Yeah, to me it would depend on why you have so many seats in the first place... I mean, I would imagine keeping one Radian and selling the others would be the way to go, unless there are extenuating circumstances.

TalkinBoutMyGirl 08-04-2011 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooke789
Car seats don't seem to sell on craigslist around here. I had my two bucket seats listed for 4-6 months. I dropped the price from $50 down to $20 and one of them still never sold. (They were 30lb seats not the regular 22). I'm not too sure you'd even be able to get much out of them, but I'm baffled to why you have so many seats!

I can sell them on here. I wouldn't on CL because no one would even know what a radian was let alone the benefits of having one.

My ex has a radian, I have a radian, my mom has the MR (had a scenera til I bought the MR), my grandma has the avenue, my other grandma has a scenera, my dad has a scenera. With the exception of my dad everyone of these people transport DD at least once a week. We bought 2 more radians (i have yet to install them obviously...dang heat index) and the MR because she is nearing the RFing limit on the sceneras and avenue. The EFTA was our first convertible and while it typically doesn't get used I just haven't gotten rid of it JIC. I refuse to leave DD anywhere without a car seat because you just never know. All of my car seat purchases were done when seats were on sale or clearanced. And that is why I have so many seats :thumbsup: oh and I didn't count the 2 boosters I got from family members that come in handy when I am transporting friends kids or my cousin.

ETA: I currently have the EFTA in my car because I cannot get a good seat belt install with my radian and I refuse to use LATCH. So it might make more sense to keep the MR and switch it between my car and the exes and FF her in the other cars.

Sent from my iPhone...excuse any autocorrect mishaps!

burnsis 08-04-2011 07:50 AM

sure....if I had 10 seats for one child? nak

I've got 2 kids, and 2 seats....lol

4boys1girlforme 08-04-2011 07:56 AM

Just wondering why you refuse to use LATCH?