Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Whats the difference? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1256368)

Lady T 08-04-2011 08:20 AM

Whats the difference?

DELETE

NappyChappy 08-04-2011 10:01 AM

Re: Whats the difference?

It's the weight allowance and maybe the height. One is 23lbs (i think) the other is 30lbs. Don't know if there is a price difference but almost ALL kids are going to out grown a bucket by height before weight!

solarbabies 08-04-2011 10:03 AM

Any keyfit 30 goes to 30lbs and about 30 inches (baby outgrows by height once there is less than 1 inch of space above the head)

Any keyfit that doesn't say '30' goes to 22 lbs. I am not sure what height it is supposed to support, but same 1 inch rule applies.

They keyfit is cheaper than the keyfit 30. It is also lighter to carry around. But baby will most likely outgrow it sooner. We have the keyfit 30 and love it! DD is 14 months old and has about 2.5 inches above her head still, so she has another inch and a half to grow. She is 17 lbs so I know she will hit the height before the weight.

juliasmom 08-04-2011 10:09 AM

The Keyfit 30 has a 30 lb weight limit, while the Keyfit (aka Keyfit 22) has a 22lb weight limit and is a bit smaller in general. The Cortina is the stroller that goes with the Keyfit travel system. The Keyfit 30 is a great seat, and my DD rode in hers til she was 14 months old :) The Cortina is a nice stroller, but it is too big for the back of the car when folded up IMO.

jess71903 08-04-2011 11:24 AM

Just know that there is no "safest seat." Some seats are easier to use, and may therefore be "safer" because you are more likely to use them correctly, but any correctly used seat is considered equally safe to any other correctly used seat. They all pass the same federal standards, and that's all we know about them.

That said, the KeyFit seats are among the easiest to use. I think they and the Graco Snugride 35 are nearly idiot-proof. Nearly. The Safety 1st Onboard 35 is also a very nice, very easy to use seat.

pcjs 08-04-2011 02:03 PM

One is 22 pounds. We got that one as it was a bit smaller and really liked it (I knew I would not use it past that weight as I couldn't lift it so it made sense for us).

mrosehughes 08-04-2011 02:47 PM

We got the regular keyfit (to 22 lbs) and loved it, too. As PP said, we knew we weren't going to use the seat as a 'bucket' after DS was over 20 lbs, we knew we'd need a (RFing) convertible after that anyways, so we figured we'd get the (cheaper) regular keyfit instead of the 30.