Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Intentionally "troll"-ish posts & the latest "clique" (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1256628)

TeachinAuntie 08-04-2011 02:09 PM

Intentionally "troll"-ish posts & the latest "clique"

So, I've been on DS a while now (since 2007) and I've seen some stuff that has been just bizarre.

Currently, there seems to be a "clique" forming around this "rainbow cake" idea and starting threads that are "trollish" and just so bizarre that they are MEANT to get people wound up.

These posts are coming from members with 1000+ posts. So, clearly they either ARE NOT trolls or are VERY dedicated trolls.

In the past, the "night owls" and other "cliques" that were formed were kindly made to tone it down & direct their threads to the appropriate parts of the board, without clogging up the main communication boards.

I believe there was a group of women who all made the same image (or something similar) their avatar (I think it was a flower or something) and they were all asked to change it or receive a strike.

I am just wondering are the DS Mods & Admins monitoring this situation & at what point will you step in & do something?

Should those of us bothered by the behavior, be reporting EACH post?

mycdsqueaker 08-04-2011 02:21 PM

Re: Intentionally "troll"-ish posts & the latest "clique"

What's the issue? Are we in high school that we get upset about cliques?
Not trying to be rude but seriously....if you don't like the posters talking about, put them on ignore. No need tattling on a posg that mentions rainbow cake.

3rockstars 08-04-2011 02:22 PM

a trollish clique? Really? People with posts in the thousands are trollish? And as far as I know cliques are NOT okay on DS and against the user agreement. Are you telling me admin is purposely letting a select group of people form cliques?

3rockstars 08-04-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycdsqueaker (Post 13496358)
What's the issue? Are we in high school that we get upset about cliques?
Not trying to be rude but seriously....if you don't like the posters talking about, put them on ignore. No need tattling on a posg that mentions rainbow cake.

:werd:
there's an entire thread on rainbow cake in OT if someone feels outside the looop where it's discussed WHY rainbow cake mentions are thrown around so much. If you feel offended, either read the thread and see what we are talking about or avoid it completely.

momtoGcubed 08-04-2011 02:27 PM

I don't see how enjoying rainbow cake is considered a "situation"?

4littlenorskes 08-04-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie (Post 13496254)
So, I've been on DS a while now (since 2007) and I've seen some stuff that has been just bizarre.

Currently, there seems to be a "clique" forming around this "rainbow cake" idea and starting threads that are "trollish" and just so bizarre that they are MEANT to get people wound up.

These posts are coming from members with 1000+ posts. So, clearly they either ARE NOT trolls or are VERY dedicated trolls.

In the past, the "night owls" and other "cliques" that were formed were kindly made to tone it down & direct their threads to the appropriate parts of the board, without clogging up the main communication boards.

I believe there was a group of women who all made the same image (or something similar) their avatar (I think it was a flower or something) and they were all asked to change it or receive a strike.

I am just wondering are the DS Mods & Admins monitoring this situation & at what point will you step in & do something?

Should those of us bothered by the behavior, be reporting EACH post?

:headscratch:

There are many threads that I have found annoying or didn't care for the content but I just move on...I'm sorry that you feel so frustrated but I really think you should have done this privately by contacting an admin. or mod as you are pretty much publicly attacking other members of the board. Is that allowed here?

Elsaraw 08-04-2011 02:35 PM

I'm sorry, this is so funny! I'm not involved either way, but just the thought of a "rainbow cake clique" cracks me up!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

JustAugust 08-04-2011 02:38 PM

I'm guessing op is referring to threads like this: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1256523 which really... Are annoying. Shrug.

Dory 08-04-2011 02:40 PM

2 solutions:
ignore feature.
Back button to leave a thread. I don't know what browser you use, but I think back/backspace works to do that on all.

There are groups here, there, and everywhere with common interests that lead to a common bond. Forums, Facebook, your workplace, church, everywhere. I've tried posting in the craft sub forum before. It got little response because I'm not a hooker or a knitter. It happens. I didnt report anyone, I just Googled my question.

Nickel+3 08-04-2011 02:42 PM

I agree with you OP. Just ignore the posts that annoy you. What can you do about it, really?