Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   how do you know when stay dry is the best? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1256764)

A.Fred 08-04-2011 06:07 PM

how do you know when stay dry is the best?

I see people say "my LO needs stay dry.." how did you figure out that you needed only stay dry? I'm just wondering if that's what my little one needs..? But not 100% sure. :blush:

seacat 08-04-2011 06:10 PM

Re: how do you know when stay dry is the best?

My son only needs it at night. He wakes up if he feels wet and no one wants that:) I also notice he gets red more easily in non stay dry.

jbug_4 08-04-2011 06:40 PM

DS gets red

A.Fred 08-04-2011 07:35 PM

hmmm ok. thank you! :D

lizgrace07 08-04-2011 07:46 PM

One of my sons needed stay dry. He got terrible rashes, including yeast rashes, if he did not have the stay dry diaper. The other two kiddos have been perfectly content without stay dry. :)

boysniris 08-04-2011 08:40 PM

My DS had perpetual rash and redness starting around 3-4 months old. Turned out that not only did he need stay-dry, he ALSO couldn't have PUL. I had to switch our stash TWICE. First I switched to all stay-dry, but around 6 months old I figured out that the reason he was still having rash/redness/itching was from the PUL so I ended up making a stay-dry/breathable stash and then buying additional items once I knew what was going to work.

Now he's 26 months and can do natural fibers during the day but he still has stay-dry at naps and nights.

With rash/redness, it can be any of a multitude of issues. Could be detergent, fabric, food, breathability, infection...so it's a matter of trying different things until you figure out the problem.

A.Fred 08-04-2011 08:43 PM

hmmm..ok. guess I'll have to start figuring out. It might be because we went on vacation and had to use sposies for a week...

boysniris 08-04-2011 08:54 PM

Where is your little guy's rash? Do you have any diapers where he can get more air to his skin (like breathable covers or fitteds/PFs+doublers that he could wear cover-less)?

A.Fred 08-04-2011 08:58 PM

I use PFs and fitteds actually a majority of the time...with wool or fleece covers. It's like literally in his lil bum crack :giggle: so I'm not entirely sure what is causing it. (but like I said..I *did* have to use sposies for a week..although it seemed like the rash was getting better..then all the sudden it got redder again today..although..I've been putting him in sposies at night..because we're having a hard time with nighttime solutions..:()

boysniris 08-04-2011 09:08 PM

Is he EBF? Could be from lots of poos. Maybe all he needs is a little zinc oxide barrier cream like CA Baby or Method