Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Periods and the Mini Pill (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1256779)

triton77 08-04-2011 06:42 PM

Periods and the Mini Pill

For those of you who have taken the mini pill do you get your period during the off week? I started taking the pill on July 3 last week was my off week and my period didn't show up:headscratch:. I've always been pretty regular both on and off the pill. I took a pg test last week and it was neg but my period still hasn't started. I haven't had my period since before my girls were born and they are now 10mo. I was breastfeeding and taking DPD to boost milk production but I stopped DPD in late june and stopped breastfeeding the second week of july. I know DPD stops you from ovulating so I haven't had any kind of period since before my girls. I'm just wondering if you get your period when taking the mini pill?
Thanks for the help!
Update___8/12____________

Well AF has raised her ugly head and boy is it ugly:yuck:. It started yesterday 8/11 and it is heavy! soaking through tampons in 1.5 hours. Tonight I was feeling crampy so I took out my tampon and in less than 5min I had soaked through my pants thats my second pair:yuck:. Ugg if it's gonna be this bad I'm gonna stop taking these pills I've never had a period this bad. This is my first ppaf so I know it's suppose to be bad but yuck this is bad.
I was kinda hoping it wouldn't appear and I would get a BFP but it is for the best as hubby is done we really have our hands full with the six we have but I can still wish, right?

triton77 08-05-2011 08:53 AM

Re: Periods and the Mini Pill

Well I'm a big dummy:bagoverhead: I didn't realize that there are no placebo pills in the mini pill pack like regular pills. Good thing I continued to take them. I still wonder where AF is but I won't worry too much I guess unless I start to get MS symptoms.
I guess my question still remains Do you get your period while taking the mini pill? The one I'm taking is call Errin.
Thanks,
Janelle
Mama to six wonderful monsters:nahnah: Both big and small

Googly Bear 08-05-2011 09:31 AM

I have no idea, but not having a regular period would worry me the same as you! Hope you get some answers!

alwaysfallingup 08-05-2011 10:12 AM

Well, I'm on my second pack of Jolivette, which is a mini-pill, and have not had a period yet. I am pretty irregular (I have PCOS and have gone a year without a period before), but go like clockwork on regular pills, so maybe because there is no placebo week you just skip it? Kind of like taking Seasonale? I know "irregular periods" is a listed side effect, but I'm not sure about absent ones. I thought it was just my crazy hormone issues. Glad to know it's not just me!

triton77 08-05-2011 08:26 PM

Thanks for the replies! Glad to see I'm not the only one in the missing AF boat:giggle:. The thing that makes me nervous is that I've had heart burn and indigestion a lot lately and I only usually get that before the all day morning sickness starts:yuck:. I guess if it doesn't start next week I will take another test. Boy who would of thought I'd be missing AF:confused: usually I hate it.

twogirlsmama 08-05-2011 08:41 PM

Not sure you want to hear this, but I just got pregnant on the mini-pill.... I had only had 3 periods since DD2 was born (she's 26 months now) and tested every month "just in case," since my doc told me it was normal not to have periods on the mini-pill. Let's just say last month's test was a bit of a shock...

mommyinthesun 08-09-2011 10:08 PM

I got pregnant while on the mini pill when my non-stop-nursing son was 2 months old ;)

I would test!

Lanasmom 08-10-2011 07:01 PM

I started the mini pill on July 31st and my first ppaf showed up on August 6th. I am having the heartburn and preggo symptoms, but am in the midst of a period too. I just bought some $ tree test to keep just in case. My question is this....

Will I/should I have these periods every month?
If I do get preggo will the pill hurt the baby while I don't know I'm pregnant?

ETA: I'm taking the Camila tablet mini pill

Basilsmommy 08-10-2011 07:15 PM

I have been taking the mini-pill for 6 months and never got a period. My doctor said that some women do and some don't because you are not getting the placebo week. It still worries me though! As much as I don't love getting my period I like the reassurance.

ThreadsThatBind 08-10-2011 07:24 PM

My understanding is that the mini pill doesn't effect your period at all. Meaning, it will come when it comes, but has nothing to do with what week you're on in your pills. It's as if you weren't taking a pill. And yes, pp get pregnant while taking it! lol My nephew was conceived on the mini pill. But I also took it for 18ish months and didn't get pregnant until the month I went off of it. :) I do test a loooot more often on the mini pill since I don't get regular af to go by. :giggle: