Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Homemade Cloth-Diaper Laundry Detergent (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1257537)

Servant4Christ 08-06-2011 07:32 AM

Homemade Cloth-Diaper Laundry Detergent

Update: I am no longer using my homemade laundry detergent. After using this for months, I'm noticing I just cannot get rid of the lingering borax smell and it's driving me crazy. So I've stripped everything and returned to commercial detergent.

DH asked me to totally destash asap and switch to sposies, now that we know which sposies work well on ds. DH is just fed up with all the rashes and trial and error we've been dealing with in cloth. I can't say I blame him.... I buy a bunch of diapers, they don't work out, I have to sell them and buy something else and all the while ds is in sposies during the interim, anyways.
I feel like an utter failure for cloth not working out for us but I guess I have to look at the facts: ds is rashing in cloth but not in sposies. I'll miss a lot of mamas on here but it's time to go.

God Bless!

AndreaJP 08-06-2011 07:40 AM

Re: Homemade Cloth-Diaper Laundry Detergent

Awesome! I've considered making my own to try. Do you mind sharing your recipe?

add 08-06-2011 07:46 AM

Yes, please share! I'd love to start making my own!:envy:

Servant4Christ 08-06-2011 08:21 AM

Still tweaking it but I'll post it once I've tweaked it to my satisfaction.....shouldn't be much longer. I'm giving a small container to a couple of local friends I've found that also cd (there aren't many of us in these parts) and waiting for feedback. I use a topload washer and have no idea how it will work in an HE washer and I'm still experimenting with how much to use per load. Currently, one level scoop is working but I'm not sure of the measurement.... it's an old bg detergent scoop.

youngmomma 08-06-2011 08:24 AM

Subbing.....been looking for one to try

ATallGiraffe 08-06-2011 09:41 AM

subbing

I would like to try something like this.

knlrachel 08-06-2011 09:52 AM

subbing :)

newtocloth2 08-06-2011 11:02 AM

Oh, sounds great! I'd love the recipe too when you're ready.

tcat160 08-06-2011 12:57 PM

Subbing too, I wanna know how difficult it would be and I have no idea how to go about home made detergents, or researched them at all. We are eagerly awaiting that recipe! =)

crunchymomof3 08-06-2011 01:01 PM

i have been wondering about making my own as well :)