Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   probably a stupid question...... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1257614)

bnwhitaker 08-06-2011 10:18 AM

probably a stupid question......

Can a fitted diaper be stay dry?? My guy is sensitive to wet.

m&m&m 08-06-2011 10:20 AM

Re: probably a stupid question......

yup!
Thirsties duo fab fitted are with microfleece and Mother-ease OS Stay Dry option has athletic wicking material. (I am sure there are others but those are the ones I know about)

bnwhitaker 08-06-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m&m&m (Post 13507372)
yup!
Thirsties duo fab fitted are with microfleece and Mother-ease OS Stay Dry option has athletic wicking material. (I am sure there are others but those are the ones I know about)

Okay I guess Im confused??? I thought a fitted went under a cover?? And they are usually hemp, bamboo or cotton materials??

nurse&mom23 08-06-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnwhitaker

Okay I guess Im confused??? I thought a fitted went under a cover?? And they are usually hemp, bamboo or cotton materials??

You are right, but you can still find some, with the inside layer that touches your baby's skin, that have a stay dry material.

lilmonksmom 08-06-2011 06:13 PM

Sun Seedlings, Rainshine Designs, Tinkle Traps, Holden's Landing, and Tweedlebee & Tweedlebum will all make custom fitteds with stay-dry inners. They make the diaper with mostly natural materials, but the layer touching baby's skin is a synthetic stay-dry material. They still require a cover.

Mum2Gaby&Emersyn 08-06-2011 06:34 PM

many have a staydry layer for against the skin - usually microfleece or microsuede

togetherinthelandofoz 08-06-2011 06:49 PM

You can lay a piece of thin fleece as a liner between your babies bum and the fitted like a liner. Bum Genius Stay Dry Doublers are a layer of fleece and microfiber that is nice to add a stay dry feel (this might be too bulky under a fitted). Also, if you can track one down, Chelory has a stay dry ultimate fitted that has a sport jersey that is stay dry :)

lovermuffin 08-06-2011 06:51 PM

Chelory makes one! :)

AlliDee 08-06-2011 07:41 PM

I'm new to this, but Imse Vimse makes a polyester liner that you lay in the diaper that wicks moisture away. I use them at night in Kawaii Bamboo diapers to keep my girls feeling dry. I'm not sure if it would help, but I thought I'd throw it out there.