Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How much is reasonable? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1257653)

iwiamandaiwi 08-06-2011 11:20 AM

How much is reasonable?

I am considering destashing a bit to fund some new diapers. I have never sold on here before but I know there is a process I have to go through to get approved. Anyways, my question is what is a reasonable price for this lot?

12 Flip covers
6 Flip staydry inserts
6 Weehugger Covers
12 Flip organic inserts
6 Bamboo weehugger inserts
12 Red GMD PFs
12 Yellow GMD pFs

I don't use any of these any longer and would love to have some extra cash to buy diapers that I do use now :)

iwiamandaiwi 08-06-2011 11:21 AM

Re: How much is reasonable?

oh and they are all in great condition except a few of the flip organics have a bit of staining

plumpkin 08-06-2011 11:41 AM

I'm not sure about pricing. I tried to sell brand new BG OS at 80% and they didn't sell. Maybe you could get 70% for EUC, 40-50% of what you paid for GUC. Also, if you could remove the stains by sunning, I'm sure you'd get a better price. Just my thoughts. I'

iwiamandaiwi 08-06-2011 11:44 AM

CaylaEP 08-06-2011 11:52 AM

Are you gonna sell it as a lot or break it up?? If breaking it up, do either the red or yellows fit in thr flips good on the middle setting?? If so id be interested :)

iwiamandaiwi 08-06-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaylaEP (Post 13507812)
Are you gonna sell it as a lot or break it up?? If breaking it up, do either the red or yellows fit in thr flips good on the middle setting?? If so id be interested :)

I wouldn't mind breaking it up. I'm not sure about the fit. I will check for you though when I get home tonight :)

lauramaynot 08-06-2011 01:52 PM

I would break it up and put all the flip/weehugger stuff in the hybrid forum and the prefolds in the prefold forum. For pricing, you just need to look through the forums and see where items similar to yours are selling at. Shipping is where selling diapers gets expensive so be sure to weigh everything and know an approx. cost to ship each item including Delivery Confirmation and don't forget about pp fees.

We used to be able to make more profit on items here, but with shipping increases and the fees, you may loose a bit more than it is worth on certain items (like your PF's). I know that many people have had better luck selling locally to resell shops and on craigslist. GL!

iwiamandaiwi 08-06-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauramaynot (Post 13508399)
I would break it up and put all the flip/weehugger stuff in the hybrid forum and the prefolds in the prefold forum. For pricing, you just need to look through the forums and see where items similar to yours are selling at. Shipping is where selling diapers gets expensive so be sure to weigh everything and know an approx. cost to ship each item including Delivery Confirmation and don't forget about pp fees.

We used to be able to make more profit on items here, but with shipping increases and the fees, you may loose a bit more than it is worth on certain items (like your PF's). I know that many people have had better luck selling locally to resell shops and on craigslist. GL!

thanks, maybe i will try craigslist

nurse&mom23 08-06-2011 02:18 PM

Yeah, for the PFs you would make more if you sold locally so you wouldn't have to pay for shipping.

The the red edge fit in flips on middle rise very well.

The flips and weehuggers will sale here better. IME.

Iggy_Momma 08-06-2011 04:17 PM

I'm not sure what you might get currently for the Flips, especially with them going on Cottonbabies clearance currently. CB has covers for $9 and organic inserts for 3/$15. I think that might also be why the pp's Bumgenius 3.0/4.0 aren't selling, as they have been on CB clearance as well.

I don't see Weehuggers very often on FSOT! But I think they you could get a fair price for them.

I am actually interested in your Weehuggers bamboo inserts. I haven't seen any used for sale, so not sure what you are wanting for them. But, PM me if you are willing to discuss.