Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   what would you take? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1257735)

Bellamoon 08-06-2011 02:11 PM

what would you take?

we are moving to Korea in December. i will be taking ds' car seat as he is still so little but what about dd? we are not taking our own car, but will be using public transit. Do i bring her evenflo maestro or just a small low back booster? She will be 5 when we go and she is currently 30 pounds. I'm not sure i should bring any seat for her at all.

monica-m 08-06-2011 02:42 PM

Re: what would you take?

The time that she does ride in a car will there be lap/shoulder belts or lap only belts? Boosters cannot be used with lap only belts but I would hate to see such a small child in nothing but a seat belt, especially a lap only belt since those are not very safe for anyone.

Bellamoon 08-06-2011 02:46 PM

I have no idea about what she will be riding in. Most likely buses, trains and an occasional taxi

jjordan 08-06-2011 02:49 PM

No need for a seat on buses and trains. She will be safer using one in a taxi though. I'd try to find out more details if I were you - what kinds of transportation you'll be using, and what kinds of seatbelts the taxis have. Are there people already there (I'm guessing this is an army-related move?) that can tell you what to expect?

Bellamoon 08-06-2011 02:59 PM

Dh says he takes the bus everywhere however we will be living off post and may need a taxi every now and then for groceries and such. I will have him check out the taxi's. If they have shoulder belts then would the lbb work, since it wont be very often?

monica-m 08-06-2011 03:12 PM

If shoulder belts are available a Ride Safer Travel Vest might be a better option. It never expires so you could use it for your younger child later down the road. At only 30 lbs now, it's is unlikely that she is going to gain a ton of weight between now and then and a child that small in a backless booster makes me uncomfortable.

jjordan 08-06-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica-m (Post 13508803)
If shoulder belts are available a Ride Safer Travel Vest might be a better option. It never expires so you could use it for your younger child later down the road. At only 30 lbs now, it's is unlikely that she is going to gain a ton of weight between now and then and a child that small in a backless booster makes me uncomfortable.

:yeahthat:

USMCgirl_05 08-06-2011 03:54 PM

I was gonna say RSTV as well, much more portable, easy to stick in a backpack or diaper bag unlike a booster.