Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Need help with wool for toddler (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1258081)

oceanwesties 08-07-2011 10:52 AM

Need help with wool for toddler

I have a 27 pound 18 month old that has a 22 inch waist. We are doing ME Sandys fitteds with a fleece or wool cover. The problem I am having is that he is wearing the XL or the largest size cover but now his fitted is about 1 inch above the cover now. I do not know how I will make it another 6 months of diapers if he is already growing out of the largest size people make. I have to stay with fitteds because he is a super explosive pooper and needs all the extra space. He prefers the pull on style of covers as well. Anyone BTDT ?

nurse&mom23 08-07-2011 12:23 PM

Do your fitteds have a really ling rise? You could get a WAHM to make you some covers with a longer rise. Lots of the WAHMs will do customs.

qtytot 08-07-2011 12:32 PM

Re: Need help with wool for toddler

If it is knitted, you can increase the rise. or have new ones made

oceanwesties 08-07-2011 01:05 PM

They seem to have a normal rise to them. I have him in some WAHM fleece covers now that I love and he loves. I havent had any customs done yet.

boysniris 08-07-2011 01:22 PM

What is his rise measurement over the fitted diaper? I sew fleece soakers, and my standard rise on XL is 21". I don't see why you couldn't snag a custom slot for some fleece soakers w/the rise he needs (if you can't find anyone who makes standard soakers with the rise he needs). HTHs!

oceanwesties 08-07-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boysniris (Post 13512886)
What is his rise measurement over the fitted diaper? I sew fleece soakers, and my standard rise on XL is 21". I don't see why you couldn't snag a custom slot for some fleece soakers w/the rise he needs (if you can't find anyone who makes standard soakers with the rise he needs). HTHs!

Thank you ! I actually was inspired by your post a long time ago about going all non pul diapers.

I did measure his rise and it was 20". I will keep you in mind !

boysniris 08-07-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanwesties (Post 13513373)
Thank you ! I actually was inspired by your post a long time ago about going all non pul diapers.

I did measure his rise and it was 20". I will keep you in mind !

:thumbsup: for no-PUL! I'm glad I was an inspiration to someone :)

I didn't mean to :spam: you w/my business, I was just cititng that measurement as an example and suggestion that you could probably get a custom slot from a WAHM for whatever rise you need. :) I know there are a few who make upcycled wool soakers and interlock wool soakers if you search the WAHM Wares section :mrgreen:

oceanwesties 08-07-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boysniris (Post 13513499)
:thumbsup: for no-PUL! I'm glad I was an inspiration to someone :)

I didn't mean to :spam: you w/my business, I was just cititng that measurement as an example and suggestion that you could probably get a custom slot from a WAHM for whatever rise you need. :) I know there are a few who make upcycled wool soakers and interlock wool soakers if you search the WAHM Wares section :mrgreen:

No problem ! :thumbsup:

monkeybunns 08-07-2011 05:10 PM

I make my wool soakers to measurements mainly-I can do basic sizes but generally do measurements

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum-sometimes my iPod thinks it's a better speller than me...