Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early Arrivals (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Teeth (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1258107)

Chagen 08-07-2011 10:49 AM

Teeth

At one year adjusted how many teeth did your preemie have? My little guy only has 2 and I am wondering if preemies get their teeth late. All my friends babies are a few months younger than Ash and they all have a mouth full. I remember my older term babies getting teeth a little later than most babies but by a year I know they has more than 2.

newtwinmom 08-07-2011 11:03 AM

My lil guys (27 weekers) haven't hit a year yet but Owen just cut his bottom two incisors only a few weeks after his cuz who is three days older but was term. So I don't think it's always true that they are late or even that they teeth by their adjusted age.

Chrijodo 08-11-2011 10:01 AM

Re: Teeth

My girls will be 1 year (actual) on Tuesday and we are still toothless they were 6 weeks early though so we won't hit 1 year adjusted for another 6 weeks yet. They are much later getting teeth than my boys were who were both born term

solarbabies 08-11-2011 06:28 PM

My dd wasn't a preemie but I wanted to say that she is 14 months old and still only has 2 teeth so it's not unheard of :goodvibes:

ChelseaGirl7 08-11-2011 08:32 PM

I can't remember how many dd had, she did teeth late, I think she had 4 teeth at 1, but that is probably actual age, not adjusted. On the other hand, dd2 who was term got her first tooth later than her sister, takes months to get a tooth through her gum, and at 17 months I'm sure has less teeth then her sister did at the same age. I think it is a combination of genetics and how early they where.

foxygoober 08-20-2011 07:00 PM

Mine were not preemies and they each only had 2 teeth at 12 months. . .then they started coming in quickly.

MaBacon 08-30-2011 07:26 PM

All of mine are are 34wkers and none got a tooth until 13mth+ old. My oldest didn't get his first until 15.5 mths and then only the bottom 2 came in, the next ones' didn't come in for another 6 months! He is now 8 and is just getting his 6yr molars as we speak, and still has not lost a tooth. The dentist said he's at least 18mths behind kids his age teeth speaking. My others got teeth a bit closer together, DD will be 6 soon and no 6yr molars and no wiggly teeth either, and my 4 yr old just got his 2 yr molars - 6 mths ago. Our 4th will be a year in 3 wks and no sign of teeth yet either, just lots of teething.

I think I prefer them to get teeth later on because my 15-18mths old they can then tell me if their teeth are hurting. And they dont need teeth to eat solids. :)

sarahwinks 10-01-2011 04:11 PM

My DS child #3 was 35 Weeks and he has teeth at 8 months actual age. he got them at 4.5 months my other 2 got them in at 3-4 months(full termfor both). I think it can be a bit later as they allow for less milestones and growth than normal at the pediatricians checkups. It just depends on your family as most seem to have similar age for # of teeth for all their kiddos and on nutrition if they are getting enough calcium and such to grow them too :) HTH
Sarah Butcher

mmmommy 10-14-2011 01:00 PM

My full-term baby had 4 teeth @ 12 months. She was very slow to get teeth initially, but when she was 17 months, she got 8! teeth within a 2-3 week period.

Mystery 10-16-2011 10:10 AM

Two but I have late teethers. My two year old just got his incisors and his one year molars within the last few weeks. The same was true for my five year old.