Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   slings (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1258117)

bnwhitaker 08-07-2011 11:21 AM

slings

Whats the difference between one from babies R us (or a regular store) AND
a "NICE"(maya, ect.)????

mummy2lolo 08-07-2011 11:24 AM

Re: slings

which one from baby r us are you talking of?

RockinLou 08-07-2011 12:45 PM

depends upon the specific items, but it could be the quality of fabric and the fit over the shoulder, which is pretty important! also, the size/strength of the rings. I believe all the 'padded' slings that were sold at BRU are recalled, so you shouldn't have to worry about avoiding those, but if I'm wrong,,, avoid those! there's a whole babywearing forum though, if you move your post there rather than Diaper Chatter, you might get more specific responses :goodvibes:

bnwhitaker 08-07-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mummy2lolo (Post 13512607)
which one from baby r us are you talking of?

Not any one sling. I just need one by Wen. and wont have time to get a "good" one shipped so I was trying to figure something out.

faiths13 08-07-2011 02:19 PM

the slings are babies r us are very cheap. cheap fabric, not going to work as well, hold up as long. i dont recommend them.

Chioflife 08-07-2011 02:31 PM

I actually got the Ingantino Mei tai type sling at brus and it works pretty well for us, I wouldn't say for newborns though. If you have a local baby boutique you could look for locally made ones :)

onegratefulmama 08-07-2011 02:51 PM

Where do you live? You could order from nickisdiapers.com get 5% off with "five" and try for expedited shipping? All carriers ship free at regular rate. How old is your baby? They have hotslings on sale or try 7 slings (sevenslings.com) Not the greatest but for a hip carry for an older baby it would work. You could also see if there is a babywearing group in your area there's one in mine and they have a lending library or check your local la leche league they may loan or have some to sell or last but not least try a second hand kids clothing/maternity wear place to find a better brand used one. Ring slings IMO are the most versatile I have a sleeping baby productions one but Maya ring sling is another that's not too expensive. Hth! good luck!

monkeybunns 08-07-2011 04:16 PM

I have a bunch I need to list to help fund our move if you live in UT. Maybe check the swap board or post an ISO with a general location? Something on Craigslist? The Baby Wearer? Do you have a local babywearing group? A lot of groups even have libraries so you can borrow one. A local LLL group? Go to www.llli.org to find a group-many of then also have lending libraries, ones to sell, and/or members that would possibly loan or sell one.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum-sometimes my iPod thinks it's a better speller than me...