Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   International (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   I think I might pass out (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1258266)

2+2macht4 08-07-2011 05:05 PM

I think I might pass out

I bought my ticket to fly home to visit next month. I cannot believe it is next month. I think I might get sick. Have I mentioned how terrified I am of flying. :cry:

I have no idea how to even prepare thinking about it gives me such anxiety and I will be travelling alone with DS. Ugh.

I thought I would be excited, but I do not even want to go anymore :banghead:

I just do not even know where to begin.

ThreadsThatBind 08-07-2011 07:30 PM

Re: I think I might pass out

:hugs:

todzwife 08-07-2011 07:31 PM

Try not to panic, you've got a while to plan.

Aside from being afraid to fly, what is bothering you about the trip? Maybe we can help you plan?

Prettylocks 08-07-2011 07:57 PM

:hugs: You have time to prepare.

I would start practicing breathing excercises. My claustraphobia used to be really bad, and when I started to panic, I would start praying a familiar prayer (Hail Mary/ Our Father) and that would calm me. ITA that planning ahead will help minimize stressful situations.

eta: Maybe something like this? http://www.fearofflyinghelp.com/

kikitree 08-08-2011 07:25 PM

Best solution to flying alone with a baby = Make friends with flight attendants.

I'd bring something like a box of chocolate for the purser and the crew. It has to be store-bought and sealed. I might even include a note saying that you are flying with a baby on your own and while you are hoping for a smooth, non-eventful flight, you'd appreciate any extra help that could be extended to you and your baby.

It might or might not make a difference but it's worth a try. :)

ktktbird 09-09-2012 05:26 PM

So sorry... Those flights are grueling! We recently moved to the middle east and we found that tape and stickers were the best time killers for us. The tape can be made into roads for cars and letters, it's a tactile stimulant. And the stickers were actually a kit that was basically "sticker by number" and it made a dinosaur but the kids just stuck them everywhere! I also loaded our iPod with kid apps and music. That was the biggest help! I get migraines when the planes land and we told them before hand and that made a big difference. They were very helpful. Maybe if you tell them in advance that you are anxious they will be able to care for you better... You never know. It just depends on the flight attendants you get, really...
I'm sure your parents are excited to see you! I hope it goes smoothly!

firststella 09-09-2012 06:00 PM

Hi mama:)
Flying IS stressful, I agree! Are you afraid of travelling alone with the kid or are you scared of flying?
I flew back to the states alone with my 2yo and 9mo, and was so scared! And finally both were great as if they felt my fear, YKWIM?
There are good homeopathic medications against stress that you can easily find where you live. That might help.
As for entertqin your LO,I would also suggest loading the iPad with kids apps, bring some book or toys, good snacks for your LO.
Good luck, I hope it will go smoothly for both of you! Once you will be home, you will be so proud of you!

2+2macht4 09-09-2012 06:14 PM

This post was from last year :)

ktktbird 09-10-2012 08:08 AM

Woops!! I shouldn't checked the date! I guess this is a pretty slow moving board!

dnh 10-31-2012 01:28 AM

so.. how did it go?