Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1258381)

HeatherlovesCDs 08-07-2011 08:23 PM

Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

This thread is for women that have children and are either dealing with secondary infertility or have had children after dealing with primary infertility and know that treatment is the only way they will have more children. We also have women that due to either prior losses, or infertility don't feel like they should join a due date board till after the first trimester (12 weeks).

Please note: When your information needs to be updated, please highlight the area that needs to be updated. This will make it easier for me to update you. :goodvibes:

If you'd like to be added please post your info. Please note I remove names if you are inactive for one month. This really helps keep the list more manageable.

Women TTC: :ttc: :noaf:

Screen name: jennybeth
Current Children and age: Twins- Samuel and David- 15 months
losses: none
Diagnosis: high FSH, PCOS, mild endometriosis, narrow left tube, lazy right ovary. DH motility on the slow side and his count is on the low side but within "normal" numbers
Cycles TTC another: not counting. We're doing a FET in Spring 2012 but still hoping to conceive naturally. We have 3 frozen babies waiting for us

Screen name: mamacassola
Age (SO): 36 (DH 37)
Current Children and age: DS1 3.5 yrs DS2 1 yr
losses: 7 first trimester losses, one of which was ectopic
Diagnosis: one fallopian tube, high estrogen, highish FSH, still investigating
Cycles TTC another:only 4 so far [/COLOR]

[B]Screen Name: Wordmama
Age (SO):34 (32)
Current Children and age: DS (4.5 yrs) and DD (1.5 yrs)
Lost children: 6 early miscarriages, Libi (8 week ectopic, March 2011)
Diagnosis: Damaged right tube for me, poor morphology for DH
Treatment and meds:Prayer
Next Appointment: None scheduled
Cycles TTC another: Over a year

Screen Name: sdavis514
Current Children and age: one DS age 4
Lost Children and Dates: none
Diagnosis: We were NTNP for 4 years then I was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2003 and was put on clomid from 9/04-1/05 with no results, took break and became pregnant with DS with no intervention in Aug 2006. Recent blood work suggested no insulin resistance.
Treatment and meds: Provera to bring on period, prenatal vitamins
Next Appointment: August 22 to discuss next step with OBGYN (hoping for Clomid)
Cycles TTC another: NTNP for 4 years, Actively TTC since Jan 11 ( but only have had 3 cycles in that time!)

Screen Name: Sunyflwr
Current children and ages: Lillian - 20 mo
Losses: none
Diagnosis: unicornuate uterus
Cycles TTC another: We have been "whatevering" for 14 cycles, and seriously TTC for 6 cycles.

Screen Name: finleyjudemommy
Age (DH): 47 (ME) 36
Current Children and age: B/G twins 6 and YDD 4
Lost Children and dates: M/C March 04, M/C June 09, Chemical Feb 10 and stillborn October 10
Next appointment: July 21 for follie check. This will be our 2nd IUI using Femara
Cycles TTC another: Entirely too many to count

Screen Name: Dewberri
Age (DH): 26 (26)
Current Children and age: DD 2 yrs
Lost Children and dates: Dec. 2010; June 2011
Next appointment: Got my period :blush: so no D&C! Consultation TBA - about testing. Full work-up in August?
Cycles TTC another: At least 10 months. 2 confirmed pregnancies lost -- 6 wks and 11 wks.

Screen Name: Meldo
Current children and ages: Katharine-6 Alison-2
Losses: 1
Diagnosis: DH has low sperm count/motility. Both of our kids were IVF/ICSI babies.
Cycles TTC another: We just started our 2nd IVF cycle for child number 3. It's our 8th (and last) IVF cycle. It's our last vial of frozen sperm from a MESE performed for the cycle DD2 was conceived.

Screen Name: yellowitchgrl
Age (SO): 30
Current Children and age: Andrew (age 7) and Luke (age 3)
Lost Children and dates: Zach (15 weeks), Toby (12 weeks), Simon (15 weeks)
Diagnosis: None
Treatment and Meds:
Next appointment:
Cycles TTC another:

Screen Name: Skyericsson
Current Children and age: DD, age 7.5, DS 3.5
Lost Children and dates: two early angels 9/10 amd 12/10 my journeys of loss are on here (struggles and support)
Diagnosis: I MC naturally but my cylces and AF were horrible and off after so opted to have Hysteroscopy march 21, 2010 (doc removed two small polyps which can cause embryos to not attach properly otherwise all looked fine in my uterous and Doc did ultrasound on my ovaries and all was fine.)
Next appointment: None yet
Cycles: 8 months

Screen name:Ardenne
Children and ages: Kailyn, 13, Connor, 8, and Brianna, 2.
Losses: chemical loss, May 2010. Faith Elise, 14 1/2 weeks, September 2010. Emily Hope, 12 1/2 weeks, January 2011. Early loss, 6 1/2 weeks, May 2011.
Diagnosis: Antiphospholipid Syndrome
Treatment:81 mg. aspirin all of the time, plus 200 mg progesterone, 40 mg. Lovenox, and calcium/magnesium supplements to prevent bone loss from the Lovenox starting with bfp
Next Appt: not scheduled -- waiting to conceive again
Cycles TTC another: We've been TTC a baby who survives for about 19 months now.

Screen Name:tazzae
Age (SO): 34 (35)
Current Children and age: DD Rowan, 7 years old
Lost child: 4 losses since 2007; 10 weeks, 16 weeks, 5 weeks, 8 weeks.
Diagnosis: Recurrent miscarriage, heart-shaped uterus (septum)
Treatment and meds: hysteroscopy to remove septum
Next Appointment: May 25-Jun 5 (yet to be schedules post-op appt.)
Cycles TTC another: 4 years

Screen Name:liz*rn*bsn
Age (SO): 26 (28)
Current Children and age: JT - 3yrs, Ethan - 23 months
Lost child: Early m/cs: 10/10, 2/11, 4/11
Diagnosis: Recurrent Miscarriage, Factor 5 Leiden Disorder, Poly Cystic Ovaries
Treatment and meds: Lovenox and Progesterone daily during luteal phase, baby aspirin every day
Next Appointment: No appt scheduled until we conceive again or if we have another m/c
Cycles TTC another: One year

Screen Name: lalakiwi7
Age (SO): 26 and hubby is also 26 Happily married for 6 years. Together for 11.
Current Children and age: Noah is our oldest but not our bio child and he is 5. We will hopefully finalize his adoption by the end of 2011. Frances is our first born and only bio baby and she is two.
Lost child: early loss 7/2011
Diagnosis: unexplained infertility.
Treatment and meds: Femera and hcg trigger shots. Red Raspberry leaf capsules. False Unicorn tincture
Next Appointment: Sept sometime.... have to start my cycle again.
Cycles TTC another: 21

Screen Name: Vegan Princess
Age (SO):32
Current Children and age: Child 1: 2.5 yrs
Lost Children and dates: Chemical pregnancy (11/10), miscarriage at 9.5 weeks (5/11)
Diagnosis: Diminished ovarian reserve for me. Moderate or severe male factor (depending on who you ask) for DH
Treatment and Meds: Taking 5mg of femara. Trying naturally for 1 more month and then starting IUI in August. Plan to take 5mg femara + trigger shot for first couple tries at IUI and then move on to injectibles if that isn't working well enough.
Next appointment: Will start IUI cycle in August.
Cycles TTC another: Had IUD removed 4/10 but really have been trying since 6/10.

Screen name: Fleece Be With You
Children and ages: Hunter, born 9-18-09
Losses: none
Diagnosis: still working on it, the theory right now is Celiac disease, Adrenal fatigue, and fructose malabsorption.
Treatment: Diet, but it's really complicated right now.
Next Appt: Seeing a dietician next week to try to figure out what I can actually eat.
Cycles TTC another: We haven't been preventing since Hunter was born.

Screen name: heatherlovesCD's
Children and ages: Zack 5, Twins Samantha and Blake 3, Twins Matthew and Joshua 13 months.
Losses: March '07
Diagnosis: severe male factor infertility, not treatable
Treatment: IVF/FET, all 5 of my kids are from one fresh cycle of IVF done in 1/05. My first son is a result of that transfer. My first frozen transfer ended in early m/c. My second gave me my first set of twins. The third FET gave me my second set of twins. I have 4 more embryos frozen which we will continue to transfer 2 at a time (assuming they all survive the thaw) over the next few years.
Next Appt: None scheduled. We have a tentative plan to do our next FET in late winter early spring '12. We will try on our own until then as I desperately dream for a "homemade" baby. We don't expect to get pregnant until the transfer.
Cycles TTC another: I don't keep track. We have been TTC since 11/10.

Screen Name: amyltc
Current Children and age: DD1 Allie, age 5, Hannah age 3
Lost Children and dates: none
Diagnosis: Endometriosis, had surgery to remove on 9/14/10, tipped uterus, mostly unexplained infertility
Next appointment: U/S Day 11 or 12 of next cycle
Cycles TTC another: 20 cycles of active TTC, no BC since our 3 yo was born.

Screen Name: Malenkaya
Age (SO): 38 (47)
Current Children and ages: Ella, 5/19/08
Lost Children and dates: 9/04, 3/09, 9/09, 4/10, 7/10, 3/11
Diagnosis: Antiphosphilipid Antibodies, Recurrent Miscarriage, Chromosomal Abnormalities, Mild Ashermans, PAI-1 4G/5G Deficiency
Treatment and Meds: prenatals with DHA, Folgard, B6, baby aspirin and Lovenox daily.
Next Appointment: N/A
Cycles TTC another child: since January 2009.

Screen Name: love4leon
Current Children and age: Winnie 4 years
Diagnosis: Endometriosis (Me) DH diagnosed with Low sperm count, low motility, and liquidation. 5/11 diagnosed with testicular cancer. Began Chemotherapy June 27th.
Treatment and meds: IUI done 1/2/2011, 2/5/2011, 3/2011, 4/2011
Next Appointment: Waiting to finish Chemo before scheduling an appointment
Cycles TTC another: 24 cycles

Screen Name:Pretzelpirate07
Age 28 my Dh is 30
Current Children and age: Child 1: 2.5 yr old Kaiden child 2 Aurora 1.5 yrs old
Lost Children and dates: zelda march 2006 anecheaply 26 weeks
Diagnosis: PCOS, insulin resistance, gastric bypass and tubal reversal
Treatment and Meds: BCP then clomid, then onto injectibles and IUI
Next appointment: In the next few months
Cycles TTC another:either for surro parents or myself

Women Pregnant and praying to make it. :crossfingers: :preggo: :pray: If you need to be added to this list please give your EDD and the date you will be 12 weeks. Thank you! To find out how many weeks you are use thislink.

Screen Name: ncflanagan
Current Children and age: DS1 (15) and DS2 (2)
Losses: June '10 (6 wks), Sept '10 (8 wks, twins), April '11 (18wks 3dys, girl)
Date I'll be 12 wks: Sept 21st

Screen Name:poopstermomma
Current Children and age DD ( 1 yr old)
Diagnosis: anovulation
Treatment and meds: 2nd cycle of Clomid
Next Appointment: Sept 24 to check progesterone
Cycles TTC another: 19 months (8 cycles)

:hide: :cheerleader2: Lurkers/Waiting to TTC/Graduates/Cheerleaders :hide: :cheerleader2:

Screen Name: flmamao2
Age (SO): 30-31 next month (33)
Current Children and ages: Chloe (9), Hailey (7)
Lost Children and dates: 11/10, 1/11
Diagnosis: None as of yet, no testing until the 3rd MC per my Dr
Treatment and Meds: everyday meds: prenatals with DHA, Bcomplex, thinking of starting baby asprin and soy again
Next Appointment: None scheduled, respond to office for blood work as soon as a positive is seen for hcg draws and progesterone testing
Cycles TTC another child: 14
EDD: 1/23/12

Screen Name: Meeshkasheeba
Age (SO): 27 (DH 27)
Current Children and age: DS1-4 yrs old, DS2-21mo old
Lost children and dates: 8week loss, 01/07
Diagnosis: endometriosis (stage IV in "04 and stage III now)
Treatment and meds: Laparotomy- 7/04, Lupron injection 11/04 Laproscope- 7/05, 7/08, 3/11
Next Appointment: in waiting
Cycles TTC another: 11

Screen Name: chmom77
Age (SO): 31 (DH 37)
Current Children and age: DD (3 yrs old)
Lost children and dates: ectopic 6/10
Diagnosis:PCOS, endometriosis, arcuate septum, uterine polyps, unexplained uterine lining issues (all me) and varicoseles (DH).
Treatment and meds: hysterosocopy/lap surgery in Jan. '11, mini-stim FET in April with Follistim, Ganirelex, low-dose HCG, trigger, medrol, estrace, and progesterone in oil
Next Appointment: 5/9 follow-up blood work
Cycles TTC another: 25 months (16 cycles)
12 week Date: June 26
EDD: 1/8/2012

Screen Name:moonglowdesigns
Age(SO):29 (DH 35)
Current Children and age:Ds (10yrs), Ds (6yrs), Ds (4yrs)
Lost Children and dates:3 angels, ('04, '09 and '10)
Diagnosis MFI
Treatment and meds:We have decided to NTNP and leave it up to the fates on whether we will have another child or not.
Cycles TTC another: Since '09

Screen Name: kt~mommy
Current Children and ages: Oliver (3)
Diagnosis: Male Factor (high progesterone affecting sperm motility) plus LPD
Treatment and Meds: TAB from mine, DH taking meds to lower his progesterone
Next Appointment: blood retesting in January 2011
Cycles TTC another child: 17 months

Screen Name: McMamma

Screen Name: Sweetmama26
Age (SO):26 at the end of April
Current Children and age: Child 1: 7, Child 2: 4(in May), DS: 23 months
Lost Children and dates: M/C 1: 6wks(2000), M/C 2:6wks(2002), M/C 3:9wks(2003), M/C 4: Vanishing Twin Syndrome 8.5 weeks lost baby 1 had baby 2 in May of 06(2005), M/C 5: 6 weeks(2007), M/C 6: 11wks (2008), M/C 7: 4 weeks 3 days(april 2010)
Diagnosis: PCOS and Chromosomal Anomalies
Treatment and Meds: Progesterone
Next appointment:
Cycles TTC another:

Screen name: 3 Ladybugs
Age (SO): 34 (DH 36)
Current Children and age: Maximillian (2 years)
Lost children and dates: Christopher (lived 28 minutes, July 31, 2006), Alexander (lived 11 days. Died August 11, 2006), Emily (lived 5 months 5 days. Died January 5, 2007), "Baby D" (Miscarried, September 2007)
Diagnosis: Insulin Resistant, Non-PCOS, Unexplained infertilty, in remission for Hodgkins/Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, possible chemo induced premature ovarian failure.
Treatment and meds: Will do FET (frozen embryo transfer) but need to wait 2 years from remission status to do cycle. Hoping for August 2012 for transfer.
Cycles TTC another: First "take home child" - 3 months short of 5 years. Had 6 cycles between me weaning my son, and chemo stopping my cycles. Haven't had a natural cycle since February 2010

HeatherlovesCDs 08-07-2011 08:44 PM

Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 8 - 14

Hi Ladies! Mondays is better for starting threads for me. Sundays I'm at church in the AM and then often out for most of the day (running errands with my husband since he works 6 days most weeks.) So, I'll be starting them on Mondays from now on. :goodvibes:

Ardenne, Lucy, Sarah - Welcome back! I hope you feel refreshed. :)

Sarah - I would push to get new labs on your hormones. That doesn't make any sense to me not to do them either. We all know, our bodies change. My RE ALWAYS makes me repeat a few tests, including a hydrosongram which is like $1000. (I pay out of pocket.) I always ask to get out of it because, I mean, come on...I've had 5 kids including 2 sets of twins. Of course, my uterus is fine. But, he always tells me things change and we have to check it. :banghead: Anyway, point is, things change and pregnancy/childbirth really change things.

Noreen - Please don't feel badly. We all have different struggles. There are actually several here who are struggling to stay pregnant. This thread is for us to support each other no matter the circumstance. I am so sorry this is your struggle and I truly hope it is over soon. :hugs::hugs: On a side note: Did you see my note about my mom's name being the same as yours, spelling and all?

Susan - I'm really sorry. I'm glad you have a vacation coming up. You need the rest. :hugs:

Leisl - Sorry you aren't feeling well and that guy was a meany. :whip: My kids are going to be homeschooled. This is our first official year, K for my oldest. We are starting on Aug. 15th (or 22?). But, public schools start the day after labor day.

Rebecca - I was wondering the same on the IUI front. But, I think I may have missed something. Did you say you had to wait 2 years? Or was that only if you wanted to try with fresh sperm? I know it takes a while if you want to try with fresh. I'm glad he is done with the chemo. I hope he is regaining his strength quickly.

AFM - I've been so busy lately. The kids have been restless and acting up. It's really hot here and we can't go out as much. Plus, under the watchful eye of my IL's, I don't feel like I have the freedom to "play" on the computer when I really should be doing other things. So, the upside is that I'm getting more done. :giggle2: But, the downside is I'm MIA a lot more. Overall it is going fine though. I'm gearing up to start our first year of homeschooling with my oldest. He starts K this year.

As for my cycle, I O'd on Tuesday or Wed. I didn't do any OPK's nor did we BD all that close to the day. I just needed a break this month. We didn't purposely avoid, it just didn't happen and I didn't push it. Emotionally, I'm just feeling poopy (as my most recent posts explained). I tend to hide out when I'm feeling that way. (part of the reason for me being MIA.) I'm trying to follow Charlotte's lead and focus on my weight loss. However, I did just eat a bowl of ice cream. :hide:

Ardenne 08-07-2011 09:32 PM

Thanks for the welcome back, Heather :) I can't say as chopping down trees and hauling logs and brush with a heat index well over 100 was "refreshing," but it was amazing how much difference our hard work made in improving the look of the place -- and I lost 2 1/2 lbs doing it, as a bonus :giggle: Dropping weight in between losses has been really difficult for me -- I don't think my hormones usually get time to settle out enough to believe that I'm really not pregnant and it's ok to lose -- so I was really excited to discover how useful all that tree-fighting had been!

Cyclewise, I'm 7dpo. I successfully fought off the temptation to test today, but I doubt I'll be able to put it off until Wednesday like would be sensible!

amyltc 08-07-2011 11:03 PM

Heather can you move me to actively TTC from cheerleaders adn update me?

Diagnosis: Endometriosis, had surgery to remove on 9/14/10, tipped uterus, mostly unexplained infertility

lalakiwi7 08-08-2011 08:39 AM

heather hehe I love it! Ice cream is good for the emotions. :)
I was sick all weekend and couldn't eat a darn thing until today.... then I just look sickly and it's gross personally. I think woman were made to have some curves! I lose weight in my chest and arms and look boney..... hopefully it didn't affect my sweet little eggies and they will be all ready for the big O day!

Dina- you can do it!!! yah for time to test. My most loved and hated time of the month.

Screen Name: lalakiwi7
Age (SO): 26 and hubby is also 26 Happily married for 6 years. Together for 11.
Current Children and age: Noah is our oldest but not our bio child and he is 5. We will hopefully finalize his adoption by the end of 2011. Frances is our first born and only bio baby and she is two.
Lost child: early loss 7/2011
Diagnosis: unexplained infertility.
Treatment and meds: Femera and hcg trigger shots. Red Raspberry leaf capsules. False Unicorn tincture
Next Appointment: Sept sometime.... have to start my cycle again.
Cycles TTC another: 21

sdavis514 08-08-2011 09:30 AM

Heather- can you please update me? Thanks :)

Screen Name: sdavis514
Current Children and age: one DS age 4
Lost Children and Dates: none
Diagnosis: We were NTNP for 4 years then I was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2003 and was put on clomid from 9/04-1/05 with no results, took break and became pregnant with DS with no intervention in Aug 2006. Recent blood work suggested no insulin resistance.
Treatment and meds: Provera to bring on period, prenatal vitamins
Next Appointment: August 22 to discuss next step with OBGYN (hoping for Clomid)
Cycles TTC another: NTNP for 4 years, Actively TTC since Jan 11 ( but only have had 3 cycles in that time!)

AFM: I started the Provera today. I have never taken it so I have no clue what to expect. Take it for 10 days then wait for withdrawal bleeding. I am hoping that I timed it right so that I will not be more than 2 days into a new cycle when I have my OBGYN appt. I really want to try Clomid this next cycle. I can't wait any longer. I have been patient for too long.

When I was first married, we were young and poor. We NTNP for years with no pregnancies. Even though I knew there was always something wrong with me, I was patient and waited. Everyone would say - "You are young, it will happen" blah, blah, blah. When I finally had decent insurance, I tried for a short time to get some answers and be more proactive. But of course, we lost that insurance again and did not have the cash to keep going at that time. Plus I was still young and felt like I had time! I am so blessed and happy that after 7 years, I did concieve and carry my son to term. He is the light of my life and I love him so much! But now it has been another 4 years and nothing is happening! DS really wants a sibling and asks every day when we can have a baby. It breaks my heart :(

Well now I am over 30, I am not so young anymore. I don't have time on my side. I really want to have atleast 2 more kids. I can't wait 7 years between them! I am done being patient, I am done waiting for it to happen, I am done being jealous of pregnant ladies, I am done crying over baby shows, I am done!

Sorry for the rambling! LOL I think it is worse now than before I had this OBGYN appt. Now I am very unpatiently awaiting my next appt. I am gonna be a rambling fool for the next two weeks, I know it.

Good luck and sticky bean vibes for everyone!! I still gotta go back and read the last few threads to catch up! Have a good week ladies :)

sunyflwr 08-08-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyltc (Post 13516035)
Heather can you move me to actively TTC from cheerleaders adn update me?

Hi Amy...notice you had Endo. My particular type of uterine anomoly has a high prevelance of endo. I have read the "symptoms" lists on various websites. But would you (or anyone else!) care to expand on your history with it, how you got diagnosed, ect? Can endo develop after you are pregnant? From what I have read, it sounds like most start developing endo when you get AF for the first time as a teen. I guess I wonder if I need to be checked for endo...but wouldn't it have shown up during my million u/s while I was pregnant with DD in 2009?

Love4leon 08-08-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunyflwr (Post 13518957)
Hi Amy...notice you had Endo. My particular type of uterine anomoly has a high prevelance of endo. I have read the "symptoms" lists on various websites. But would you (or anyone else!) care to expand on your history with it, how you got diagnosed, ect? Can endo develop after you are pregnant? From what I have read, it sounds like most start developing endo when you get AF for the first time as a teen. I guess I wonder if I need to be checked for endo...but wouldn't it have shown up during my million u/s while I was pregnant with DD in 2009?

Hi- I have endo too. It will not show up on an u/s. You can only be formally diagnosed after having surgery. If you had a c-section, it is common to get endo.

sunyflwr 08-08-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love4leon (Post 13519797)
Hi- I have endo too. It will not show up on an u/s. You can only be formally diagnosed after having surgery. If you had a c-section, it is common to get endo.

Oh, ok. This site: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001913/ said that u/s is a tool to help detect endo.

skyericsson 08-08-2011 05:23 PM

Sarah :hugs: and sending :goodvibes: to ending your frustrations, we hear you, ramble on if you need :)

AFM not much seems like I'm just going throughout the motions. We are TTC but I feel lost in the whole question of when will this happen. On CD17 maybe O next week hoping DH doesn't have to travel.....(sigh)