Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   6 weeks (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1259275)

andreaw97 08-09-2011 01:32 PM

6 weeks

Hi all,
i am 6 weeks and have no symptoms. i am freaking out. I just want to know eveything is ok. My OB wont give me an ultrasound just to see a HB. I swear my anxiety is going to throw me in overdrive. I even told her that and she doesnt care.

OnAnnaTime 08-09-2011 04:24 PM

Re: 6 weeks

:hugs: I rarely have any symptoms during pregnancy, and have had two healthy children. When is your first appointment? I know it's stressful waiting for that first sign!

chayla 08-09-2011 04:31 PM

Ok, i am sure you are fine. A lot of people dont have symptoms and are fine. Second, can you switch doctors or find a midwife. I get them not wanting to do an ultrasound BUT just not caring that you are having anxiety, that's a bit much for me. There is a lot they could do to make you feel better in the next two weeks before you get to hear the heartbeat. I haven't had great experiences with OBs so my opinion is biased. Think of how they would treat you if somethiing were really wrong. Would they discount your feelings just because science has told them xyz? Two of my sisters had OBs like this, one said my sister was crazy and she wasn't, there were real problems!

Hopefulily 08-09-2011 05:17 PM

I am 10 weeks and my only symptom is a missed period. I occasionally have sore bewbies, but its not too often! I'm sure you're fine. I saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks and go back again on Thursday!

jdeemarie 08-09-2011 06:51 PM

All of my pregnancies have been almost completely symptom-free, including this one. I had cramping with #3 but even that let up around week 4 or 5. With my oldest son, I was so nervous about not feeling pregnant that I rented a doppler so that I could listen to his heartbeat whenever I wanted to. Once I was feeling him kick regularly I returned the doppler.

Don't worry too much. It's normal to have pregnancy symptoms but it's also perfectly normal to not have any at all.

lovebirds 08-09-2011 07:46 PM

Take a deep breath- everything will be fine. Some just don't have the symptoms. :-)

3wyobabes 08-09-2011 10:07 PM

With my first my only symptoms lasted 2 days and didn't start until 9ish weeks. With my second, I felt fine until almost 12 weeks.

My 3rd I felt so awful I couldn't function, but now that I know the little fireball I understand ;)

My 4th I felt fine until I started progesterone and it's the same with this one, but that's completely different.

You will be fine... most people don't get symptoms until 6 to 8 weeks, so while you may be wishing for them now, in a week or two you'll be wishing you were still feeling great ;)

andreaw97 08-10-2011 08:07 AM

Thank you ladies. My anxiety really was through the roof. Thank you for calming me down. Now just to get the courage to beg the nurse today for an U/S.

3wyobabes 08-10-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreaw97 (Post 13530582)
Thank you ladies. My anxiety really was through the roof. Thank you for calming me down. Now just to get the courage to beg the nurse today for an U/S.

Tell them you're not sure on your dates... they will have to do one to confirm due date ;)

MamaJoyful 08-10-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreaw97 (Post 13530582)

I think you should be sure that you have a provider who will listen to your concerns. I understand if they will not do an US, but like the pp said, you should leave feeling at ease that they take your concerns seriously. :hugs:

Really, it is night and day having a provider who is a good fit for you. It is SO worth it to work with a good Midwife or OB.