Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Trouble losing weight?!? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1262079)

tpb2930 08-14-2011 10:49 PM

Trouble losing weight?!?

My DS is almost 3 mo and I have lost less than 5 lbs since he was born. I've been going to the gym 2 days a week and eating 1500-1800 cal/day. Not to mention my obscene amount of water. Wth?!? I am soooo frustrated!! I watched my friend shrink before my very eyes when she BF her LO. Not that that was my only reason for choosing to BF but it sure was perk I was looking forward to but my body won't let anything go :0( My SIL said it could be bc I still have had my period? Idk. Anyone relate or have any advice?!?!? Thanks :0)

tpb2930 08-14-2011 11:01 PM

Have *not* had my period! Sry!

triplet-momma 08-14-2011 11:17 PM

Re: Trouble losing weight?!?

I'm right there with you; my body is holding onto weight like it thinks there is a famine coming :banghead: Apparently there are lots of women out there just like this; so frustrating :(

Dpopeaz 08-14-2011 11:21 PM

Sorry mama I am the same way. Hold all the weight till I am done and then as soon as I stop it starts to come off. It can be very frustrating when you are surrounded by people who have the opposite problem and rave About how they are smaller now than before they got pregnant.. Drives me crazy!!

shreck 08-14-2011 11:23 PM

Could it be possible you're not eating enough? Not eating enough can result in sluggish metabolism and slow weight loss, I think especially while nursing. I've experienced it myself before when EBFing, and as soon as I upped my intake and focused on healthier foods the weight came off.

My ds is 3mo, and I've lost 8lbs in the last month doing Weight Watchers. Before that I was stalling out and actually had gained a few pounds since giving birth. With WW I am reminded to eat "enough". Otherwise I tend to fall short, my metabolism dips, weight loss stalls, and I feel frustrated... a vicious cycle! It's especially easy for it to happen if you're exercising. You need even more calories to make up for that! Just make sure they're healthy ones... extra lean protein, nuts, dairy, fruits/veggies, etc.

Good luck! Postpartum weight loss while nursing is the toughest!

BooneNicuMama 08-15-2011 12:44 AM

:hugs:

Not much to offer mama, as when this happened after DD1 it was because I was expecting DD2 ( Oops, :giggle: ) , and now that I chase both I can't seem to lose the weight, and DD2 is 9months old. I have checked my eating and exercise, ect... Honestly, my doctor said it is most likely stress and when I calm down it will likely work out :goodvibes:

tuhraycee 08-15-2011 09:16 AM

I'm 9 months ppd and just as heavy as the day I had baby. :( I'm hoping it's nursing that's keeping it on and I'm not just doomed to be heavy. :'( My appetite is still really strong - I've tried cutting back or eating lighter but I'm just always hungry (and veggies alone don't cut it!), so maybe that's the nursing doing it....?

KristieW 08-15-2011 02:43 PM

Yep, that's me. I felt so alone after DD1 was born because all I'd heard was how the weight would fall off, and I didn't lose anything except 10lbs--DD's birth weight plus placenta/fluids. :( Since DD1 is still nursing, I never got a chance to see if not nursing would help me lose weight. This time I really wanted to be more proactive about things, but even though I feel like I'm avoiding sugar and processed foods for the most part (as well as being dairy-free, sob), I still only lost that 10lbs. Arrrgh. Going to try going back to the gym if I can convince DD1 to stay in the toddler room (and will probably ride a bike with DD2 in the carrier0.

So glad you posted about this--a nice reminder again that I'm not alone.

KristieW 08-15-2011 02:44 PM

Oh yeah, and nursing apparently gives my body intense sugar cravings. I've since found out that this is another side-effect and can watch for it, but with DD1 I didn't watch for it, and I think that was one of the problems.

litlckrets 08-15-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplet-momma (Post 13560395)
I'm right there with you; my body is holding onto weight like it thinks there is a famine coming :banghead: Apparently there are lots of women out there just like this; so frustrating :(

Same with me. My son is 5 months and I haven't lost much weight since he was born. I started a good workout program for 6 weeks straight, 5 days a week. And I lost nothing. Very frustrating. Not sure why this is happening, since with my older son I lost almost all of the weight right away (we walked, but did not do much real cardio/weight training).