Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Daily Chat 8/15-8/21 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1262178)

chayla 08-15-2011 07:38 AM

Daily Chat 8/15-8/21

Good Morning everyone!!!!!

Hope your weekend was fabulous! Seems everyone was busy because you weren't on here ;)

What's in store for you and your family this week?

chayla 08-15-2011 07:39 AM

Re: Daily Chat 8/15-8/21

At our house we have DS2 starting Dance Class on Wednesday, DS1 starting back to school Wed., registration for Kindy (ds2) on thurs and a football tourny starting friday night (ds1)! Busy, Busy, Busy :)

So far so good for the spotting scare for me :lostit: I am pretty sure everything is fine. Not sure if I will go in later this week for blood draw or U/S. Have to discuss with DH since insurance hasn't been finalized and it'd be out of pocket 100% :(

MNclothdiaperin'Momma 08-15-2011 08:25 AM

Busy birthday weekend here. Today I get to go in and get my RhoGam shot and probably a blood draw...Hope all looks good. As for this week, not too much. Just helping my MIL get a party together for my DHs Gpas 90th bday. Should be a lot of fun. Hope that everyone had a great weekend.

ReadingRenee 08-15-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chayla (Post 13561458)
At our house we have DS2 starting Dance Class on Wednesday, DS1 starting back to school Wed., registration for Kindy (ds2) on thurs and a football tourny starting friday night (ds1)! Busy, Busy, Busy :)

So far so good for the spotting scare for me :lostit: I am pretty sure everything is fine. Not sure if I will go in later this week for blood draw or U/S. Have to discuss with DH since insurance hasn't been finalized and it'd be out of pocket 100% :(

So glad to hear everything is fine with the spotting! I remember when I worked at Walmart as a cashier when I was about 6 weeks pregnant with dd1 I started spotting pretty heavily. The OB said it was probably from being on my feet for long periods of time and to take it easy. I quit the next day. :D

Insurance is so annoying! I hope it gets finalized soon. Its terrible to have to wait on medical care that you need while waiting for insurance to kick in.

Our weekend was good. I spent most of yesterday laying on the couch while dh did almost everything. I barely managed to cook dinner but didn't manage to eat any of it. I took 2 naps on Sat and 3 naps yesterday. the first tri exhaustion has hit! :giggle: Also the first trimester what is that SMELL has hit very early for me. It has been driving me crazy and of course dh smells nothing.

This week we have playgroup one last day before dd2 starts Third grade on Wednesday, the weekly trip to the library and to look at the ducks, and I REALLY need to scrub down the entire kitchen and mop the floors. I finally got a new mop head for my mop. I just hope i have the energy to to do it.:giggle:

chayla 08-15-2011 08:39 AM

Amy, why do you have to go get the RhogGam now? I have type - blood too but don't get the shot for a long time. The MW did say if I do have a m/c then I need to get it but that hasn't happened.

Shelly, I took the longest nap on Saturday. I needed it :) Wanted one so bably yesterday but DH took one instead, he needs it too but dang I wanted one :( SOooooooo tired and really having a hard time with food, blah

Have you tried the shark steam mop? I love, love, love that thing. Makes mopping so easy. I want the hand held steam one to scrub counters, cupboards and walls!!! Go to www.1saleaday.com They always have these!!!

chayla 08-15-2011 08:39 AM

Amy, why do you have to go get the RhogGam now? I have type - blood too but don't get the shot for a long time. The MW did say if I do have a m/c then I need to get it but that hasn't happened.

Shelly, I took the longest nap on Saturday. I needed it :) Wanted one so bably yesterday but DH took one instead, he needs it too but dang I wanted one :( SOooooooo tired and really having a hard time with food, blah

Have you tried the shark steam mop? I love, love, love that thing. Makes mopping so easy. I want the hand held steam one to scrub counters, cupboards and walls!!! Go to www.1saleaday.com They always have these!!!

ReadingRenee 08-15-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNclothdiaperin'Momma (Post 13561734)
Busy birthday weekend here. Today I get to go in and get my RhoGam shot and probably a blood draw...Hope all looks good. As for this week, not too much. Just helping my MIL get a party together for my DHs Gpas 90th bday. Should be a lot of fun. Hope that everyone had a great weekend.

Good luck with your blood draw and shot! I don't know anything about Rhogam shots except you have to get them when you have negative blood?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chayla (Post 13561828)

Oh cool site! I will check it out. Thanks! :) i hope you get a nap today! I usually just pass out on the couch while kids are playing and dh is playing mario galaxy to entertain them or something. :giggle: or during dinner when I can't sit at the table with them or I will be sick. they are short 20 minute naps but they keep me going.

ReadingRenee 08-15-2011 10:20 AM

Random:

My dh is driving me crazy! He wants to tell the whole world about our pregnancy. ( I am only five weeks) I want to wait a while, at least til we hear a heartbeat and he thinks I am being paranoid. We actually argue over this. I am glad he is so excited but its annoying that he thinks I have some special issue that I want to wait to do an official announcement. ARGH! :banghead:

chayla 08-15-2011 10:32 AM

My DH asked me last night if I told my dad and his wife at dinner. NO! I am not telling anyone else until I get more confirmation that everything is fine. I am glad I have told a select few who will be there for me in a worst case scenerio but that is it. I am not shouting it from the rooftops for a long time. Plus, I like the secret!!!! Im strange like that though

ReadingRenee 08-15-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chayla (Post 13562645)
My DH asked me last night if I told my dad and his wife at dinner. NO! I am not telling anyone else until I get more confirmation that everything is fine. I am glad I have told a select few who will be there for me in a worst case scenerio but that is it. I am not shouting it from the rooftops for a long time. Plus, I like the secret!!!! Im strange like that though

I feel exactly the same way. I haven't even told my mom yet. Or my best friend. Last time with dd2 we told at 6 weeks only because I was so debilitated with exhaustion that we HAD to tell. It was either that or tell them I had mono! :giggle:

My dh is the opposite though. He is basically like "you're either pregnant or you're not and if you are then I want to tell people". There are no emoticons sufficient for the frustration I feel when he says stuff like that.

We talked yesterday and now we are arguing the same old same old on IM. :rolleyes: