Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Mini-vent Why are big boobs so expensive???? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1262725)

srkobus 08-16-2011 02:47 AM

Mini-vent Why are big boobs so expensive????

Sorry, here i am in the middle of the night, trying to desperately find some reasonably priced nursing bras/tanks. HaHa, yea right!!!! First I find it hard to believe that my girls are larger than most other peoples (34 f/g depending) they don't seem much bigger than random people i see! are there really that many people in this world stuffing their girls in too small bras with too big bands?? why don't more companies make reasonably priced bras in a wider variety of sizes. walmart, would it kill you to offer my size instead of your 40C bras???? it doesn't use any extra fabric i'm sure!!! i'm sick of paying premium prices for a bra that fits!!!!!! arggg, i guess i should just be resolved to wearing my worn out/stretched out/poorly fitting nursing bras that i have been using for the past 3 or more years! ok end of rant! thanks to anyone that bothered to read this, just had to get it off my chest (if only that would shrink the girls up some, lol!)

MyCrazy8 08-16-2011 03:12 AM

Re: Mini-vent Why are big boobs so expensive????

I hear ya! I'm around a 42N, I really don't know, as that's the biggest bra I've found (non-nursing though), and it's still too small in the cup size. I'm going to have to stick with my worn out nursing bras too, as I can't afford to buy anymore new. It's crazy!

cherrycoke 08-16-2011 03:16 AM

go to zulily.com! Right now they have Hot Milk on sale and they have lots of sizes for those of us who are well endowed ;) Their website even have a sizing calculator where you can put in your measurements and it tells you what size will best fit you.

Len27 08-16-2011 06:03 AM

bravado nursing bras! I find their sizing is pretty forgiving- I'm about a 32F when nursing, and I'm wearing the 34DD/E size which is a M- so you may find that you can do 'sister sizing' with their bras effectively. Though it looks like this might work for you as well in a medium?
http://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/t...ss-nursing-bra

I love my bravado bras. Though avoid that 'sublime' nursing bra with the lace, it is brutally uncomfortable and runs small in the cups to boot. Miserably designed, the rest of their line is so much more comfortable!

srkobus 08-16-2011 10:31 AM

awwww, thanks for reading mamas! woo-hoo those hotmilk bras are fancy and a great deal if only i knew what size i'd be wearing after the milk comes in (varies wildly for me) just looking for some cheapy tanks and soft cup bras for now. i do like the bravado ones but i'm sick of paying $40-50 for a darn bra. i'm frugal (ok cheap) what can i say!!!!

S4r4h 08-16-2011 12:56 PM

Thank you for starting this thread! I just bought three bras from zulily and I'm thrilled! I've been desperate.

cdwelton 08-16-2011 01:52 PM

http://www.motherhood.com/mastercate...t_BrandFilter=

FYI if you go to the stores they don't have the same selection, and I just realized this. I'm a 32C which stores never carry for some reason? I usually settle for the 34C. Nursing bras are usually stretchy and forgiving though. HTH!

cherrycoke 08-16-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srkobus (Post 13569546)
awwww, thanks for reading mamas! woo-hoo those hotmilk bras are fancy and a great deal if only i knew what size i'd be wearing after the milk comes in (varies wildly for me) just looking for some cheapy tanks and soft cup bras for now. i do like the bravado ones but i'm sick of paying $40-50 for a darn bra. i'm frugal (ok cheap) what can i say!!!!

Go to hotmilk's website and check out the way their bra sizing works, they claim to have bras that will last you from pregnancy through to nursing.

KristieW 08-16-2011 10:39 PM

I feel ya. And Hotmilks don't run big enough for me, and the underwires aren't broad enough in the cup. :(

Len27 08-17-2011 05:53 AM

yeah, I've just resigned myself to paying that for a nursing bra- I figure I've now worn them through two babies (I am sooo pitching them after DS weans!)- yeah it's $$ but I only have 4 of them and I wear them every.day.

For cheapy tanks I just bought the shelf bra tank tops from walmart for 6$ each, lol. But target's nursing tanks are decent and pretty forgiving in sizing- I think my sister gave me her 36C and while I could definitely use a smaller band size, it's totally wearable for around the house.