Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Loss/Losses before this pregnancy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1263849)

TPLmommy 08-17-2011 11:57 PM

Loss/Losses before this pregnancy?

It seems like I've read about quite a few losses on here, so I thought it'd be interesting to see how many mamas have had a loss or more than one loss before this current pregnancy. Also, it would be great (for me at least) to have a place to share our stories.

I'll start...

We found out we were pregnant (after 2 days of being super sick) on 6/23 & told everyone on 6/24. We had a loss in between my DS & DD, but figured why not share the news? I'm typically super sick & withdraw from all activities & everyone starts guessing anyway.

My sickness went away over the weekend & by 6/29 I started cramping & bleeding. On 6/30 I passed the baby. I was so scared of the pain & recovery because my previous miscarriage was more painful than labor & I bled for 6 weeks after. I asked everyone I knew to pray for no pain & a quick recovery. God was so good to answer our prayers. I had very minimal pain & stopped bleeding after only 6 *days*!

The OB I saw the following week, to be sure everything was okay, said if I had actually been pregnant (which I *know* I was!) it was probably a chemical pregnancy because my uterus looked completely normal. But she still advised me to wait 3 months before trying again.

We obviously didn't follow her advice & got pregnant 2 weeks later! ;)

I am so thankful for all my babies (my 2 living & my 2 in heaven & my 1 (or 2!) growing in my womb) & can't be happier that God chose to bless us, even if it was only for a few weeks here, we will be together for eternity. <3

SeaChellsRun 08-18-2011 09:14 AM

Re: Loss/Losses before this pregnancy?

:hugs:

We had our first loss last month. It was an early mc and had only told 5-6 people. I was violently ill with food poisoning, had a bacterial infection in my uterus, getting toxic fumes from apparently both the a/c that had just been recharged a day before getting sick and an exhaust leak. Oi! I was very dehydrated, still nursing a toddler, not eating or drinking, puking and the other end too. :blush: To top it off I was staying with a friend out of town so husband didn't realize the seriousness of the situation otherwise he probably would have been more level headed to get me on an IV as I think dehydration was the main problem.

BUT now I'm pregnant again!! I'm so much more grateful and praise Elohim multiple times a day, I talk to the baby and make DH talk & pray too!! It's so hard not to run and tell everyone, feeling a little hesitant after last month's mc but before even conceiving this LO we have been doing a lot of praying and I'm going on faith that we will have another blessing coming late April. :lostit:

3wyobabes 08-18-2011 01:00 PM

We lost our little bean at 8 weeks following 2 healthy normal pregnancies. I was preggo with #3 (4) less than 2 months later.

With that pregnancy and the others since the m/c we've always checked my progesterone level and it's always been on the low side so we supplement at least through 13 weeks. Mine started out at 19 the first time we checked this time and is over 35 now. I guess my body just needs a little jump start ;)

Tashak 08-18-2011 06:38 PM

We've had 3 in the 11 years we have been TTC. Hopefully this one sticks! The last m/c was just last cycle, it hurt having to leave the March group so I'm thrilled to be back so soon!

Madame Medina 08-18-2011 09:29 PM

I had a miscarriage on June 28. I was 13w2d. It was very difficult for us and even harder to tell friends and family what had happened. I'm still grieving the lost and not ready to share any more details about it.
This time we are not going to tell friends or family until I reach 16weeks. That's partly why I joined this group after being so inactive on DS. I just needed a place to come to be happy and talk about my pregnancy, instead of hiding and waiting for something bad to happen.

tryin 08-19-2011 02:44 AM

I have had 3 losses. My first pg was a missed miscarriage. I was 11 wks, but baby had passed at around 9. I had a D&E. My second was at 7 wks. I had a natural m/c, much easier than the d&E. My third was due to premature rupture of membranes at 23 wks. I gave birth to a baby boy , Isaiah, who came out with a cry, but no intervention would be provided so he passed away shortly after birth.

I still have no answers for my losses , but i took extra precautions- no early ultrasounds ( my first two losses were right after u/s, refused early ones with my son), progesterone, baby aspirin and with my 4th pg , i had progesterone shots starting at 16 wks to prevent premature labor. I was also on metformin throughout the pg due to a diagnosis of insulin resistance a week prior to the BFP. My healthy full term dd was born in '09. I was a mental wreck throughout my pg with her and was monitored weekly by the best perinatal practice. They took all my fears seriously and took every precaution. I went to get a referral to them as soon as i got my recent BFP.

I have no idea what journey i will have with this pg. It seems no time is "safe" for me to tell. I did not tell any of my family , they all live out of state, with my last pg until right after she was delivered. I could notvstand the thought of having to possibly tell them of yet another loss. I'm not sure when i will tell this time.

I am also here to be able to share with someone. Only DH knows.
Thanks for startibg this thread. It's a topic many don't want to bring up, but it helps me so much to talk about my babies. It seems many don't understand the emotions surrounding loss.

dornmama 08-19-2011 07:41 AM

I've had two losses. My first was the full term still birth of my son Glenn. My second loss was this June. It was a late 1st trimester loss but I didn't discover it until I should have been almost 16 weeks along. I never had any spotting or anything to tell me my precious baby had passed. We had even heard the heartbeat. I had a D&E and was told by the OB to wait until I had one normal cycle and then go ahead and try again. So here we are! I had a hard time even believing the positive test. I was so sure it was just left over hormones from them miscarriage. I've been POAS every day for over a week now watching the line get darker and darker. Today I finally got a beautiful line as dark as the control. I'm also nice and queasy (never thought I say that! LOL) and almost lost my dinner the other night. I never thought I'd be so happy to feel sick. Now I'm just praying I get to keep this angel with me.

I should add that I have two beautiful children. My 5yo DD and my almost 2yo DS. I love them so much and hope with every fiber of my being to be able to give them a little brother or sister this April. Heck at this point I'd even be perfect happy with twins even though they scare the crap out of me! :giggle:

Here is to a happy, healthy 9 moths for all of us!

TPLmommy 08-19-2011 01:24 PM

Thank you mamas for sharing....it has really touched me to read your sweet stories. Helps me in my healing process, to know I'm not alone or that my story could have been much worse.

Parker's_Mommy1116 08-20-2011 09:47 PM

We lost our sweet angel in February. It was a very early misscarige so I had just found out I was pregnant and I told everyone!! Then a week later I started to bleed and have braxton hick like contractions. It was one of the hardest things I've had to go through but God helped me through. I know I will see my sweet baby in heaven one day!!! DH and I have decided to wait until my second trimester to announce.

Parker's_Mommy1116 08-21-2011 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPLmommy
Thank you mamas for sharing....it has really touched me to read your sweet stories. Helps me in my healing process, to know I'm not alone or that my story could have been much worse.