Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   DELETE! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1264132)

apostolicmomma 08-18-2011 02:18 PM

DELETE!

I've been looking through the posts hoping to find something similar to my dilema but I can't find anything so I'm posting b/c I need some peace of mind! (hoping thats what I get...)
How common is it to get prego while AF is visiting? DH had the bright idea (without me knowing) to NOT withdraw thinking that b/c I was having my cycle (toward the end of it so it wasn't like a blood bath....I hope I'm not grossing anyone out:blush:) we were safe. I'm not so sure of that.
Is he right :pray: or am I right :hide:

*We're Not Pregnant!!* Very relieved right now! :goodvibes: Thank you all for you're input! :-)

jj7202 08-18-2011 02:53 PM

I am in the same dilemma!! I let DH "stay in" because I was at the end (CD6) of AF and I figured... What's the harm? Well I started spotting on CD16 and am freaking out that it may be implantation spotting!!

~ a little background ~ DS weaned himself from BF @ 12 months (AF returned at 6 months PP and averaged about 55 days long... I've always had long cycles) So we have not been BFing for 4 solid months. Prior to most recent AF I had 3 days of spotting (very light usually only while exercising, starting on CD 28), then I went on 28 more days until the real "AF" showed up. Now I am day 18 and still spotting... And I never spot this soon after AF... But it is within the 7-10day implantation spotting "window" YIKES!!

I know you can get pregnant on your period if you ovulated early, which is entirely possible if you are irregular. Hugs~ good luck!!

TwoDarlings 08-18-2011 03:01 PM

Re: A little shy about posting here...

I know it's possible but pretty rare. I had a similar situation and my dr. said it's really only possible if you have short cycles. For instance, you dtd on the last day of your period and then ovulate a few days later. Sperm can live for a few days, so then it's possible to fertilize the egg. I'm no expert so maybe someone else better versed will chime in. But I think you're safe!

tygr2410 08-18-2011 03:02 PM

its pretty unlikely, but not impossible

The Fancy Pansy 08-18-2011 10:14 PM

For me, it would be totally possible, because I usually ovulate around day 12. So on day 7, I could still be spotting, and sperm can live up to 5 days. Tada! Potential baby. But I only have 25-26 day cycles, so I ovulate "early".

willownz 08-19-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy (Post 13587678)
For me, it would be totally possible, because I usually ovulate around day 12. So on day 7, I could still be spotting, and sperm can live up to 5 days. Tada! Potential baby. But I only have 25-26 day cycles, so I ovulate "early".

Yep, it can and does happen. All you need to have is a shorter cycle.

GrazieGirl 08-19-2011 08:57 AM

Doing the deed on the last day of AF resulted in my 17 month old...Good luck!

Queen_Celeste 08-19-2011 09:03 AM

Well since you are trying to avoid, better get yourself from pee sticks.

Tiny Trousers 08-22-2011 08:44 PM

The first 5 days of your period are safe, according to the FAM method, but after that it's possible because it may be masking cervical fluid. Cervical fluid is potentially fertile, because sperm can survive in it for 5 (I've even heard up to 7 or 10 in RARE cases) days.

If you had any dry days after your period, then sperm would have died within a few hours.

staceyroo77 08-22-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy (Post 13587678)

This is me too, except for a few months postpartum my cycles are longer for a while.