Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   *POLL: Last feeding to drop? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1264318)

mimsy.lou 08-18-2011 08:56 PM

*POLL: Last feeding to drop?

I'm nowhere near weaning, but am already trying to emotionally prepare myself for that time (super type A :banghead:). When you weaned your LO, what was the last feeding to go?

Feel free to explain in the comments how it went...if it was easy or a struggle. I'm dreading the nighttime one b/c she has nursed to sleep every night of her life thus far.

hpfgirl 08-18-2011 11:27 PM

Re: *POLL: Last feeding to drop?

We're still doing first thing in the morning and the bedtime one. Before that, we stopped the 1am, before that was all the daytime ones. The daytime ones were easy for us because he's at daycare most days.

chello 08-18-2011 11:44 PM

with DD1 just before bed was the last to go. with DS I think first in the morning was last to go, but he weaned oddly so I don't remember exactly. And we haven't started weaning DD2 yet :)

shreck 08-19-2011 10:01 AM

It's usually the before bed one for us. It hasn't been hard, though. Most of mine have weaned themselves around 2yrs, and they just get side-tracked and stop wanting it. Or, sometimes I get pregnant again which changes the taste and quantity of the milk, and I think that spurs them on a bit.

danielle 08-19-2011 11:10 AM

My daughter hung on to the before bed nursing for a long time. She was almost 3 when my son was born, and even though I nursed her approx once a day while pregnant, as soon as I came home from the hospital, she took one taste and that was her last. Must have been yucky tasting. She asks if she could nurse just to see, and I always say yes, but then she laughs and finds something to do.

You didn't ask, but I wanted to add that at 18 months (maybe even earlier) breastfeeding gets really easy; not at all like an infant or a 12 month old.

CEVmommy 08-19-2011 12:40 PM

My 2yo is nursing twice per day now, first thing in the morning and when I get home from work. I think she is most attached to the morning one. My older daughter nursed twice per day for a long time as well, but her two she liked were first thing in the morning and last thing before bedtime. So I voted for first thing in the morning, since that one has been important to both of mine. I let them wean on their own time though.

Meredith+2 08-19-2011 06:47 PM

Both of my boys kept up their morning nursing session long past any other. It was non-negotiable for a long time after they could easily go to sleep with Dad. We used to joke that it was like their morning coffee- couldn't start the day without it!