Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I need help!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1264376)

whitneywalters 08-18-2011 10:49 PM

I need help!!!

For starters my daughter is just about eight weeks old.

Okay in the last few days I have developed a really nasty crack on the bottom side of right nipple. It was starting to get better with just using lanolin but today it got really bad again. I was trying to pump, I start working very part time next week, I will be gone for 3.5 hrs a day, five days a week and she will need at least one bottle while I am gone. While pumping it started bleeding again, so badly there was a lot of blood in the bottle and it was running down my stomach, so I stopped pumping and slathered the lanolin on again.

She does not have thrush, latch is great and not tongue tied. I am at a loss. I need to get this healed so I can pump. The last thing I want is to use formula while I am at work. I also do not want this to turn into mastitis.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-18-2011 11:00 PM

Re: I need help!!!

geta washcloth, wet it with warm water, and into the micro for 10-15 seconds. make sure its not too hot and put it over your breasts and leave it until it gets cold, then add lanolin, I like the medela but lanisoh works good too, let your girls air out, this will heal you quickly.:hugs:

whitneywalters 08-18-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox (Post 13587853)
geta washcloth, wet it with warm water, and into the micro for 10-15 seconds. make sure its not too hot and put it over your breasts and leave it until it gets cold, then add lanolin, I like the medela but lanisoh works good too, let your girls air out, this will heal you quickly.:hugs:

Doing this now!

DevonP 08-18-2011 11:10 PM

Oh, that sounds terrible!! SO sorry mama! I have used neosporin on nipple cracks before. You have to wipe it before the baby nurses but it does sometimes heal things faster and prevent infection.

doulamomma 08-18-2011 11:20 PM

Express some milk onto it. Bm makes everything better! If you can, take a break from pumping on that side. Pumping puts a lot more stress on your nipples than a nursing baby does.

Sent from my galaxy tab using DS Forum

sbdf13 08-18-2011 11:25 PM

could it be the cup size on the pump?
could someone bring her to you for a feeding?

whitneywalters 08-19-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbdf13 (Post 13587915)
could it be the cup size on the pump?
could someone bring her to you for a feeding?

The crack happened before the pumping :(

Bringing her to me might work but not always. I will be working at a coffee shop.

joy7s 08-19-2011 12:50 AM

so sorry that is terrible! I don't have any good suggestions. Although if you are only gone for 3.5 hours she may not need a bottle..

Lanae 08-19-2011 02:26 AM

Get the gel pads! They are great! That's how I survived my mastitis fights! They keep your nipple wet pretty much. Anyways, keeps it from scabbing. The pads last for a few days. I woulda gave up bf if not for these puppies. Ameda brand makes some that they sell at babies r us. They are very much worth every single penny.

I'm blaming stupid words or sentences on my iPhone since it thinks it's smarter than me!

Lanae 08-19-2011 02:30 AM

Name of it is ameda comfort gel extended use hydrogel pads, lasts up to 6 days. Says, " soothes, cools, and helps heal tender sore nipples", "immediate relief on contact".

The lactation consultant recommended these to me.

I'm blaming stupid words or sentences on my iPhone since it thinks it's smarter than me!