Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   When is/was your first appointment? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1266201)

Amers78 08-22-2011 03:20 PM

When is/was your first appointment?

I was just wondering when you ladies are seeing your DR for the first time?
I got my BFP at 3 weeks 6 days went in for the blood test at 5 weeks 1day. I was able to call and set up my appointment with the nurse to "start my Chart" that will not be until the last week of September at that time I will be 10 weeks 6 days then it will be up to another two weeks before I get the paper work to MAKE my first OB appointment. This just seams like forever away right now.

lydoomizelaine 08-22-2011 03:40 PM

Re: When is/was your first appointment?

I had an appt last week to confirm pregnancy and forgot to get my insurance all together so i have another appointment tomorrow (changing clinic locations) after tomorrows appt I will be making one for my blood test/ medical history and FINALLY after that one I can make an appt to see an obgyn/midwife. ugh can you say complicated!

VWgurl619 08-22-2011 03:41 PM

Not sure yet..I have called the doc, but he can only take so many prego's a month, and so I'm waiting for the call back...then I'll make an appt... I hate it!

froggymiamore 08-22-2011 03:43 PM

Well, we're using a homebirth midwife, so pretty much when I want? I'm going for an ultrasound around 7-8 weeks, and will probably start seeing her around 11 or so weeks.

PrissyMaesMama 08-22-2011 03:46 PM

I have an appt on September 15th. I think I'll be about 9 weeks.

blueone 08-22-2011 03:49 PM

I'm only 4 weeks along. I called the doctor to confirm it and get a referral, but she hasn't gotten back. I was also thinking of looking into a couple midwife's in the area. I'm wanting a home birth and if I have to, I will switch to tricare standard to get it.

SeaChellsRun 08-22-2011 03:57 PM

First appointment is tomorrow, I'm about 5, possibly 6 weeks. I'm meeting with a midwife so don't really need to wait for a doc or nurse to let me in, plus I've asked to see her earlier to possibly apprenticeship under her. MW's office is connected to a cloth diaper store... I'm so in trouble!!

CaliRoll 08-22-2011 04:18 PM

I need to call. :giggle: With my last pg, they didn't want to see me before 10 weeks. I'm only 6w2d now. On the other hand, my OB is lame so maybe now would be a good time to doc shop.

MNclothdiaperin'Momma 08-22-2011 04:23 PM

My first "official" appointment will be Sept 23rd at 10 weeks 1 day. I have been in for a quick appointment and blood tests, but I don't think that they really count.

Madame Medina 08-22-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueone (Post 13609168)
I'm only 4 weeks along. I called the doctor to confirm it and get a referral, but she hasn't gotten back. I was also thinking of looking into a couple midwife's in the area. I'm wanting a home birth and if I have to, I will switch to tricare standard to get it.

From my understanding you can still have a home birth covered through Tricare Prime if the you are seeing a CNM (certified nurse midwife) but it will not be covered if you see a CPM (certified professional midwife). I do know for sure that if you call and ask your tricare region if home birth is covered they will say yes, but they forget to give you these small details. I've also heard of a few gals that have argued with tricare prime in their region and got back about 40% of the midwives fees after the fact.

I should add that we too are planning a home birth and have Tricare Prime, (though DH is retired now). We are planning on paying out of pocket for our midwife and fighting Tricare after the fact.