Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WWYD...considering going to the dark side... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1266313)

todzwife 08-22-2011 05:47 PM

WWYD...considering going to the dark side...

This summer was VERY busy. We took several trips, we were gone almost every weekend on day trips. We used a LOT of disposables.

I tried to do cloth as much as possible, but DD is getting teeth and her poop is SO bad. We've tried installing a sprayer on the toilet but our toilet is stupid.

I've tried flushable liners.

Now our washer is on the fritz, and I'm just waiting for it to die completely. Sears doesn't have anyone to come fix it for 3 weeks, so I could potentially be w/out a washer for that long.

I'm thinking about selling off most of my stash and going to disposables for now. I've been CDing for almost 8 years and I'm kind of burnt out.

help me:blush:

sstarfish 08-22-2011 06:00 PM

Re: WWYD...considering going to the dark side...

Don't do something you'll regret later! Use the sposies for now.... she won't be teething forever (eventually you may even get the coveted "roll off the diaper" poop!) and you'll have a working washer eventually!

:)

4lilMonkies 08-22-2011 06:04 PM

I say hold on to the cloth and use the sposies if you need a break. I've done that on a couple of occasions. Then when/if you get tired of the sposies and you have a working washer, you can pick back up. Breaks are okay.

mmm0302 08-22-2011 06:05 PM

Yeah, I've definitely taken disposable "breaks" in the time I've been CD-ing and I totally think that's okay. Sometime it's too overwhelming or you're burnt out or whatever. Personally, I wouldn't sell your stash quite yet, see what happens.

luvnmyboys 08-22-2011 06:10 PM

i've also taken my share of breaks, sometimes for a good month or so. i'd hold onto them for a couple of weeks and see what you think. gl with whatever decision you make!

Micheliala 08-22-2011 06:17 PM

Just take a break mama! I did this,used sposies for about a month or two and thought I would never go back to cloth. Eh, here I am again. You can't really take the cloth out of us :thumbsup:

AZmommy 08-22-2011 06:18 PM

I'm in kinda a 80/20 split right now I use my cloth at home but I sposie at night and I have sposies in the diaper bag so if we have to change while out she gets changed into a sposie. Like you while I love cloth I'm also kinda burned out (started in 2002) I'm also really simplfying my stash. SO when I do use cloth its a no brainer no matter my mode or whos doing the diaper change.
Like others I say use sposies as you see fit but hang onto your stash at least for now the teething will pass and hoepfully your machine will get fixed.

Deanna

jcornett 08-22-2011 06:19 PM

I agree with others, don't sell yet. I took a break for a couple months and am just now getting back into cloth. We were really busy and it was just too much to keep up with the wash and the new level of "sticky poo" once DS2 started solids.

I sold off some diapers and now wish I hadn't. I'm hitting the sales to gear back up :-)

Leocaligirl 08-22-2011 06:41 PM

I think the other Mamas have given you some great suggestions. Good luck with your decision.

MommaKatie 08-22-2011 07:21 PM

I'm there mama, but we've only done cloth for the last 9-10 months. I ordered a big box of sposies and have packed up my clean cloth. I'm almost 13 weeks pregnant with my 3rd in 3 years. I'm just exhausted. We went out of town a few weeks ago and I used sposies, it felt like such a relief! Hubby is peeved, but we spent less building our stash than we would have for sposies (two in diapers for a few months). I really feel like I'll go back to cloth at some point. For right now cloth just feels like the only thing I can remove from my never-ending to do list. I think our sanity and peace of mind is much more valuable than cloth diapering.