Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   WWYD? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1267780)

moonlightblonde 08-25-2011 11:18 AM

WWYD?

Not so much pregnancy related but it would include a pregnant me in a car for 9-10 hrs so I am counting it.

Oh how I hate interviews. Dp had a phone interview today, it went well and the company wants him to go up for an interview. They gave him a couple of options and we have to come up with a plan in the next couple of days. Option one - force someone else to drive up with dp and carry on as usual, he would go up Monday, spend the night - have an interview Tuesday morning and drive home. Option two - same as option one but with me in the car with him and have our siblings watch dd for the night. Option 3 - go up on Sunday with dd, spend Sunday and Monday nights in hotels and come home Tuesday (or Monday/Tuesday in a hotel, depending on how the drive is going). The company would be paying for all expenses and suggested us all go to see where we could potentially be living.

It would be a BIG change. Closest relatives would be 2.5-3 hrs away and it is a town of 1000. They were apparently really interested in dp's musical background as well - apparently the town is really close, was settled by Scottish musicians/scientists about 50 years ago so there is ALWAYS something going on. There are also apparently a lot of young children there.

He has a different interview only 5 hrs away tomorrow - much bigger city (near Peterborough, so not too far from Toronto and other things).

I just hate not knowing what is going on. Ah well, this is more of a vent than anything, sorry guys.

Farmer's Wife 08-25-2011 11:34 AM

Re: WWYD?

Option 2....take some time away with him, look at it as a mini holiday!

CountryChicMama 08-25-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer's Wife (Post 13628386)
Option 2....take some time away with him, look at it as a mini holiday!

I agree. :thumbsup:

moonlightblonde 08-25-2011 01:53 PM

Thanks ladies, I am definitely thinking that is the way we are going - now to choose, one night or two - I am usually awful in cars, I get motion sickness and am miserable - this should be fun!

SeaChellsRun 08-25-2011 03:31 PM

Personally I would go with option 3 as I also hate being in cars and would rather have the extra time there re cooperating from the drive. Will give you some more time to check out the town too.

Fusion 08-25-2011 03:50 PM

option 2

chayla 08-25-2011 04:41 PM

Id go without the kids.

moonlightblonde 08-25-2011 07:59 PM

We are aiming for staying 2 nights - just have to try to orchestrate babysitters for 3 days and two nights. As of now it seems like dp's cousin/best friend is watching her Monday, grandma will have her during both nights but works during the day, his 21yr old brother should be able to watch her Tuesday day and hopefully my sister will agree to watching her on Wednesday until we get home/grandma gets off of work. Fx-ed I can get this all settled tomorrow as I have to call and make hotel reservations while dp is out of town at another interview.