Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2009 Due-Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=208)
-   -   Roommates reaction to 2yos behavior VENT (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1267870)

Lilmeow 08-25-2011 01:32 PM

Roommates reaction to 2yos behavior VENT

I have no idea where to post this...so I decided to post it in a few places. I need to both vent and get advice... Please refrain from bashing me (my parenting techniques and all..im still learning) in any way... This situation is really bothering me and starting to get out of hand..This will be long..

Trying to use positive discipline with my kids ..I use ALOT of distracting and redirecting for Ocean... I feel like its still appropriate not only at this age but for how his mind is working...

**HERES THE BIG THING -- it happens often...with our roommate.. Ocean will do something that he doesnt like and he responds SO WRONG dispite how i jump in and model better behavior.. I have explained to him before that NO i wont hit oeans hand or even yell at him for doing something like..say..turning the tv on and off...or getting a lap top off the coffee table.. DONT LEAVE ur stuff down he wont get it.... I baby proof for both ease of mind and so my kids can have a fun safe easy place to play not one where they cant touch things they want to... HOW UN FUN FOR THEM! he will be older one day and things can be left down but he is TWO

*MY REASON TODAY FOR VENT IS... ocean had the maraka this morning before asking me to play he went to roomate and hit him on knee NOT hard! but still hit him... im not saying its okay im saying that the adults reaction is worse.. :blush: anyways roomate takes maraka and holds it above oceans head... WHAT? before saying anything I watched bc I thought this is the time ill say something that will make an impact bc nothing has so far...then he gives it back..then ocean goes away 15 min later does it again and roomate throws it accross the room.. Ocean laughs then goes and grabs it and hits roomate again..BC he thinks its a fun game! then rooomate shoves him and thats when I jump in with my ..he wants to play..he thinks its fun.. and why the heck are you bulling a 2yo by holding something outa his reach then throwing it..then shoving him?? roomate responded that he didnt know what to do.."ocean keeps hitting me" DUDE your 25 not 5... and I explain to roomate AGAIN like i did to my kids..why i think ocean is acting that way and that it will pass could take months and how we have to be persistant... AND BIGest thing of all... YOU MUST tell him what you want him to do .not just whine..shove and show him bad behavior.. when he hits the kids they stop what they are doing..find out what it is his wants bc they know he cant talk yet...and they play with him for atleast a full minute I am BIG not not leaving ocean out i dont care how old you are...if he wants attention he gets it... we all do..when i want it... i want it too LOL

If this were you..how would you react? roomate situation is very short term like id say a month more tops prolly less... Im sick and tired of him just thinking I dont discipline my kid and he thinks i just let him get away with stuff NO its not what im doing...im doing fine correct me if im wrong...