Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   wearing amber necklace at night (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268131)

corinne76 08-26-2011 12:15 AM

wearing amber necklace at night

Ok this is probably a stupid question, but why is it dangerous?
I mean I know anything around the neck can pose a choking hazard, but what can it get caught on?

stevensmom 08-26-2011 12:19 AM

Re: wearing amber necklace at night

dd wears hers on her ankle at night

majomama 08-26-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom
dd wears hers on her ankle at night

Yep, mine too.

Lilmeow 08-26-2011 12:33 AM

ds has worn his every second since 2m he just turned 2yo on the 12th :) hes fine.. they are made to break IF they get caught on something...caught on...uuuh I dont know lol...its never gotten caught...

PerfectFifth 08-26-2011 12:38 AM

DS wears his to bed all the time... The only adverse thing I can see is that he wakes up in the morning with impressions in his skin from being smooshed in all those fats rolls. :giggle2:

corinne76 08-26-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilmeow (Post 13632616)
ds has worn his every second since 2m he just turned 2yo on the 12th :) hes fine.. they are made to break IF they get caught on something...caught on...uuuh I dont know lol...its never gotten caught...

see. that's why I'm asking. I know they're supposed to break but what could they possibly get caught on?

corinne76 08-26-2011 12:41 AM

ok the reason I ask is I was thinking of trying to put DS's on his neck at night. He wears his on his ankle using a converter from BC but it doesnt seem to do much for him. come to think of it, it doesnt do much for him when it's on his neck either

Mobrevic 08-26-2011 02:05 AM

My dd has worn hers since she was 4months old 24/7 except for a wk when I took it off to wash it and forgot to put it back on. She turned 2yrs aug 18. The only problem/s I have had is like a pp posted impressions and once her hand got caught fisted between the necklace and her neck, but she got pissy (obviously) and fought it and the clasp let go. I have never worried about it...it even lets go when she pulls on it. She has learned from an older sibling to put it on her chin and move her head back and forth....needless to say it falls off then sometimes too from the extra pressure.

Mobrevic 08-26-2011 02:06 AM

Though if the string did break instead of the clasp givin in I suppose realistically they could choke on the one bead that would fall off if they found it.

Chagen 08-26-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobrevic (Post 13632797)
Though if the string did break instead of the clasp givin in I suppose realistically they could choke on the one bead that would fall off if they found it.

Thats what I have always thought BUT then I think... if they have their pincer grasp then they are ready for solids and should be able to swallow a bead- they are so small. Not that I endorse feeding your baby beads... I just have found scarier things than a bead in my LO's diaper.

Clearly my children wear there Amber all the time except for baths and swimming.