Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   False Negative HPTs? possibly PG? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268743)

Keme 08-27-2011 10:53 AM

False Negative HPTs? possibly PG?

I am so unsure of where this question goes- so I apologize big time if this is the wrong place!! I am just super confused at the moment and looking for some advice/wisdom :)

Background:
So I have a 2 year old, but when I got pregnant with him (he was a surprise) I found out from a blood test at my annual exam.

Since my son was born, my period has been very very regular. My fiance and I use withdraw, but honestly we're not trying too hard to prevent at the this point, nor are we trying for a baby, we're leaving it up to fate.

My last *normal* period started June 19, then July 20th I had a half-day only (usually it lasts 4-5 days). This month, I was expecting AF between 18-22- now here we are the 27th and NO SIGN of my period at all. No cramping, no spotting, nothing.

I've suddenly experiencing morning nausea (which I had from the get-go with my son), as well as sensitivity to smells, tiredness, increased need to pee and some extra clear discharge (no UTI for sure), and most alarmingly for me- heartburn (which I ONLY got while pregnant last time, very strange for me). I also just FEEL pregnant. My abdomen feels tight.

I thought maybe I'd actually missed my period in July (since it was more like spotting), making me now about 10 wks pg. But I got 2 negative HPTs and the urine test at the Docs was negative as well. So then I thought maybe it's from my last cycle and it's just too soon to register (what, 4wks?)- but then it would be too early for these symptoms as well!

I have heard that the urine tests at the doctors are just about the same, if not less sensitive, as HPT, and that some women just don't have enough hCG in their urine to get a positive without a blood test.

Anyone know/have any similar experience/advice/etc??? I don't have any stress going on that would cause a delay in my period.

I should move on after the negative (because honestly, it's not a great time for us- of course a baby would be more then welcome, but it's "fine" with me either way), but still there's all these symptoms, my intuition, and no AF!

CaliRoll 08-27-2011 11:29 AM

Can you ask the doctor for a blood test?

Keme 08-27-2011 11:38 AM

Re: False Negative HPTs? possibly PG?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akilgore (Post 13640476)
Can you ask the doctor for a blood test?

Yeah, I'm going in on Thursday (the pregnancy tests there are straight through the lab- you don't even see a doctor). I want to ask her then for a a blood test, but I guess I kind of wanted to feel secure in even asking. I'm worried she'll think I'm crazy since the urine test was negative.

mykidsmama 08-27-2011 08:03 PM

urine tests are not 100% positive. I came across this show up late one night "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant. " In every one of the stories the mom said I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.

It reminded me of when I was pregnant with dd. All the symptoms were there, but I kept getting negative htps - not even a faint line. It took a blood test to confirm she was in there!

If AF is still a no-show I would insist on a blood test just to know either way. Good luck~

Momof6girlz 08-28-2011 01:49 AM

I POAS and it came up pos., went to the Dr did a pee test and it was neg waited a few more days POAS again and it was pos (again). Went to the dr they did yet another pee test and again it was neg. I demanded a blood test and it was positive.