Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's the deal with pork? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126887)

mandikaake 04-07-2007 02:55 PM

What's the deal with pork?

I have a lot of friends who refuse to eat pork. They say it throws your body off balance. Does anyone has some hardcore evidence of this? Sites to refer me to? Anything?

I like pork but if it's really that bad for us I'll give it up; well at least for the most part. :)

Hayley 04-07-2007 03:10 PM

Re: What's the deal with pork?

My hard core evidence is that EVERY time I was to eat pork I got sick and did not realize till I was 19 and started reading more about things to do with health. I eliminated Pork, beef and chicken.

I found nothing wrong with beef so I only ate beef for 5 years no other meats, then when I was 25 I started with chicken again, I tried pork once and I got VIOLENTLY ill.

But I am curious just how it does that, I wondered if I took a benedryl before hand if that would help. Too scared to try lol.

Watching this thread for more answers.

Good post!

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 04-07-2007 03:15 PM

interesting, I never heard anything about it... :popcorn: interested in finding out though!

milehighmonkeys 04-07-2007 11:42 PM

When I read the title to this thread, all I could think was "it's yummy". I've never heard that either. I don't think I could give up pork completely. I love ham, bacon, pork chops, baby back ribs. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. :D

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 04-07-2007 11:51 PM

i havent heard anything about pork but red meat is supposed to be bad for your health and body, i don't know we are meat eaters here and i cook almost everything..lol

mrsjune 04-08-2007 02:00 AM

I havent heard anything like that. We are HUGE meat eaters in my house. Meat of some sort every night of the week!

tessa1002 04-08-2007 02:23 AM

I agree with the statement made about red meat, but I really don't see anything wrong with pork. My theory about it making you ill though, is that pork can make you violently ill if its at all undercooked. I, myself, have never had a problem with pork, in fact, its one of my favorite meats. :goodvibes:

Lisa-Rachelle 04-09-2007 08:27 PM

We don't eat it. When I went vegetarian, I noticed HUGE changes in how I felt. I probably have 3 times as much as energy now as before I went over to a vegetarian diet.

I also noticed (the one time I ate meat after converting) that I felt very bloated, tired and moody about 30 minutes after I ate...and it lasted a couple days.

So, no piggy for us!

SweetpeaSisters 04-12-2007 06:42 PM

I don't eat red meat because my body just doesn't tolerate it and wont eat pork cuz I don't like it. From what I see not eating pork dates back to being a religious thing, pig is seen to be an unworthy animal to eat, not sure why. My sister is dating a Muslim amd I know he wont eat pork because of that. (I should ask him exacty what is said about it) Other than that pork is very high in salt usually cured and packed in salt. Salt being not good for you. HTH

Taowensf 04-19-2007 12:32 PM

One thing for sure is that pork has nitrates which are pretty bad for you.

Personally, I love love LOVE pork! Unfortunately my body HATES it as it makes me gassy, bloated, gives me the runs, etc. Same thing for my mom. It tastes so good because it is so very fatty. Remember Emeril Lagasse? "It's a love of pork fat thing" he used to say. No kidding, it tastes like heaven. :blush:
Too bad it is just not good for you!
HTH!

I don't know about the throwing your body off balance thing, but it could be. :thumbsup: