Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Exercise (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268931)

PrissyMaesMama 08-27-2011 03:08 PM

Exercise

Ok Mamas! What are we doing to stay fit during these next 9 months and what's your plan for after the birth of your LO? I worked really hard in the gym when I was pregnant with DD. This time I'm taking kind of a different approach and doing Crossfit. We joined a Crossfit gym and so far it is kicking my booty!!! Lets hear about your plan for pregnancy fitness??

blueone 08-27-2011 04:14 PM

Re: Exercise

Well, I have an active toddler and besides moving around for house work plan on taking walks with him. I don't know what I will do when it starts snowing though. I was really active my last pregnancy, but I didn't have a 2 year old to raise. I also lived in so cal so I could jog in the pool. I will miss that this time around...

Oh, we do have some prenatal yoga DVD's on netflix that I should get into again. I loved yoga last time.

Treasures From Elf 08-27-2011 04:20 PM

exercise = eating bon bons

Fusion 08-27-2011 04:22 PM

I can't wait until it cools down here. We will start going on long walks again. Thinking about joining a gym again once the first tri ickies settle down.

VWgurl619 08-27-2011 04:26 PM

Yea I did prenatal yoga all the time when I was prego with dd. I want to start now, but I'm going to wait a few until I'm sure or ok to do to it from the doc....

lydoomizelaine 08-27-2011 06:58 PM

I decided to start working out again. I went to the gym yesterday to run a mile than speed walk another mile. The whole night after that I was having major cramps and my body was sore!! It hasn't been that long since I've been to the gym and have always ran when I went. I'm going to double check with the doctor at my first appointment on Tuesday. If its ok I will be running at the gym at least 3 times a week and want to start doing prenatal yoga the other days.

lydoomizelaine 08-27-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treasures From Elf (Post 13642178)
exercise = eating bon bons

Sounds like my kind of workout :giggle2:

SeaChellsRun 08-27-2011 07:46 PM

I really need some motivation or an accountability partner. Ive been going on walks about 30-60 minutes every other day, which are slow paced because my 2 year old walks with me and we need to stop and smell every flower, which i don't mind so much these days.

When I don't feel like getting out I have an exercise bike here in the house and some videos. Eating wise, I eating very well though I would like to start eating about 90%, right now only about 60%, but what's cooked is extremely healthy to most peoples standards. The place I'm really lacking is exercise. DD has been getting me out on walks lately! I'll drive somewhere and she will beg to go on a walk so I just pull over in whatever neighborhood or local park and we'll walk together. So I do have a motivational partner sometimes :giggle:

Oh and I want to add that last pregnancy I LOVED doing belly dancing. It's a fantastic workout for women as it strengthens all the womanly parts needs for labor, legs, abdomen, arms too. There are women that does pregnancy belly dancing videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ehdjc-aJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njW7mPNGoBM

And the best part of belly dancing... shaking my hips and jinggling the coins :D

moonlightblonde 08-27-2011 08:37 PM

I try to go to the gym 5-6 days a week. This week has been a big fail. Thursday my friend needed help with something the only time I can go to the gym, Friday I had no car, today I slept in, worked, and then had family over, Sunday I don't really have an excuse other than I would rather go to the corn fest & work, and Monday-Wednesday I am out of town. I WILL be going the rest of the week though. I haven't missed almost an entire week in awhile - kind of sucks.

chayla 08-27-2011 09:45 PM

With my last pregnancy I swam, a lot! It was awesome because I felt so light ;) I don't know what I will do this time. I have been walking DS2 to and from school but it's really only 15-20mins each way. So far though, it's all I can handle and sometimes I can't even handle that. When it cools down it will be better for walks. Then when it snows we will go to the gym more often.

I don't stress about exercise when pregnant, just eating healthy. I didn't gain as much weight with DD as I did with the boys. Our eating habits were 100% different and I know that had a lot to do with it.

Afterwards, I suppose taking care of a 7, 5, almost 2 year old, a newborn, house work, and working will probably help me get the baby weight off :) It has been easier after each child so here's to hoping the trend continues!