Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Left out (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1270095)

Sageac 08-30-2011 07:44 AM

Left out

Yay for the single parents... but WTF???

The call was for a non-traditional families forum, and yet its entitled "single parents."

Get informed, there are many ways a family can be "non-traditional" without being a single parent Family. Anyone that has a non-traditional family, please post here so I can link to "juan" that we are being left out and would like it changed????

I was one of the avid supporters asking for the forum and have been left out in the race to please without actually reading the thread. :banghead: I'm angry and I want to be included.

Juan M 08-30-2011 07:52 AM

Re: Left out

The forum will stay as Single Parents as originally requested. There will not be another forum open at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sageac 08-30-2011 08:09 AM

Did you look at the original request???? The thread is titled single parents/Non-traditional families.

AND I QUOTE "ETA: I think it's the general consensus that a non-traditional famlies forum would be the most inclusive and beneficial forum to the DS community." <---- from the "original request"

mrspnut82 08-30-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sageac (Post 13656118)
Did you look at the original request???? The thread is titled single parents/Non-traditional families.

AND I QUOTE "ETA: I think it's the general consensus that a non-traditional famlies forum would be the most inclusive and beneficial forum to the DS community." <---- from the "original request"

Ugh ya I don't even belong in here but noticed this as well, thought that was pretty crappy.

Sageac 08-30-2011 08:31 AM

Dear Admins, (I can't fig out how to add Juan to this, he is not being left out intentionaly)

For over a year now (some of us longer) many of the DS members have been requesting a non-traditional families forum. Today it was blatantly rejected in favor of a "single parents" forum that left many of the families out, and now I am informed that this was done intentionally. Can you please explain this decision?

I can not understand why a decision would be made to exclude members in good standing, please help me to understand?

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...4#post13656184

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1032615

Thanks in advance,
Sage

3rockstars 08-30-2011 09:04 AM

Thank you Sage. I was angry at the blatant disregard for my request for the last year and sent a link with our request thread in it by pm to all 10 mods listed in the "ask the pros" section and Lee and Juan(as was requested by a few of the mods who responded to me nearly immediately. THANKS MODS!). I recieved a pm from Lee almost immediately saying that it would most likely be up by the end of the day. No apologies for ignoring me for a year but I was pleased in my assumption that my request had been read and was being honored..........until I saw that it was entitled "Single Parents." Yeah, not really what I had asked for and what all of us had asked for actually. It's obviously not an oversight given Juan's response above. It's a blatant snub.

3rockstars 08-30-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan M (Post 13656000)
The forum will stay as Single Parents as originally requested. There will not be another forum open at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience.

It was NOT originally requested as single parents. Please read my thread here for clarification.

Here is my original post for simplicity's sakes:

I'd like to formally request a single parents forum here at DS. Due to the high number of single parents here at DS, I think that this type of forum is warranted here. Being a single parent has it's own set of challenges both financially, mentally, and emotionally. Within the last few months there has been at LEAST one thread every few days pertaining to custody and visitation issues, separating from one's husband/wife, or thinking of leaving one's husband/wife. I think that it would be easier if there was a separate forum for us single parents to frequent for answers to our questions and for us to brainstorm positive solutions to the problems that plague us regarding finances, going back to school, custody issues, dating again with kids, etc. I've been hoping for this for a LONG time here at DS being single with 3 children for 2 1/2 years now and I'm really really praying that the powers that be will grant the wish.

ETA: I think it's the general consensus that a non-traditional famlies forum would be the most inclusive and beneficial forum to the DS community.
Last edited by 3rockstars; 07-25-2010 at 01:27 PM

You'll see that my post was edited on 7/25/2010 to revise my request for a non-traditional families forum and my title was changed to reflect that as well so this is not an oversite on your part.

Sageac 08-30-2011 09:16 AM

Ah, I see. I only found your thread a few months ago, and by that time it was clearly a non-trad fam forum being requested. We shall see what the 3 admins/Juan have to answer. I sent that to them, as well as posting it here and on the other thread. Lets see if it gets any changes?

I am ready to be delightfully surprised by how easy it can be to get this all cleared up today.

Sageac 08-30-2011 09:20 AM

Removed re-post from pm... i just received a response and they say they are working on it. :) hopefully it will all be resolved easily.

I see a hint of sanity!!!!

Olivias Momma 08-30-2011 09:32 AM

I just assumed it was a single/non-traditional parenting thread, thats why I posted in the introductions thead. (considering thats what as asked for)