Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Off to a good start. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1270292)

Sageac 08-30-2011 01:30 PM

Off to a good start.

Hi everyone... so after the morning drama, lets gets off to a great new start and see who is out there?

I'm Sage, I have 2 boys, a DH, and my mom at home. We are technically Poly, though "others" are not in the picture right now, Just looking for this place so that I can use words like Compersion, and "other" freely. (share my utter frustration at a world of people that think they are half a soul as well. lol)

:lostit:
Just looking forward to companionship.

iggyloo 08-30-2011 08:17 PM

Re: Off to a good start.

I have no clue what your talking about, (lol I'm totally out of the loop), but I just wanted a forum where we were all free to fly our flags with no judgement! :) YEY FOR THAT!

Again, I'm Ashley and currently a single Momma to two girls. Just returned to work (yesterday!!) for the first time in 4 years, and tryin to kick as much @^%^& as possible on a daily basis. :giggle:

dragonfly263544 08-31-2011 08:53 AM

I already intro'd myself in the other thread :) I'm Katelynne newly divorced mother of two ages 3.5 and 8 months. I'm a WAHM and hoping to to grad school next year for my MA in English Literature so I can start teaching online classes at a local community college.

Sageac 08-31-2011 08:53 AM

lol! That was part of the point of using those terms. Many of them are "inside" lingo and one can use them to determine what a person knows and doesn't. Really, tho, I'm just hoping to connect with people that share ideas and interests. I'm still kinda worried about sharing anything that's not "typical" so I'm trying to keep this Low-key.

I will state very Clearly that there are different terms:

Poly: Short For Polyamorous
Polyg: Short for polygamous
Open: means a relationship that is not strictly speaking monogamous. (often denotes allowance of physical relationships outside the marriage)
Compersion: The experience of feeling Joy because someone you love is experiencing Joy.
There are others, but I realize It should be compiled into a Sticky post... anyone know how that could be accomplished?

carriek38 08-31-2011 01:51 PM

A mod/admin would have to create the sticky...

I'm Carrie...um, I think the siggie says is all :giggle:. Freya is on DS, too, but is back in school & hasn't been on much lately.

Sageac 08-31-2011 06:27 PM

Thanks, I'll put a list together and try to be comprehensive. Any suggestions? (i mean to add to the sticky?)

iggyloo 08-31-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sageac (Post 13666887)
Thanks, I'll put a list together and try to be comprehensive. Any suggestions? (i mean to add to the sticky?)

Yey! A sticky would be awesome. :) And I have no idea what to add. lol

Sageac 08-31-2011 08:43 PM

Oh, and Carrie... <-----------------Huge Trekkie here. :) love the avatar.

darbycrash 09-02-2011 06:33 PM

I'm not sure if we qualify as non-traditional or EXTREMELY traditional (which not currently popular) as we are a couple of punks (not postcard or deathrockers, you can only tell by our t-shirts) and have Italian heritage so that moving into a new house with his parents doesn't seem odd.

I'm a massage therapist and he's an artist, a Chinese Martial Arts instructor (kung-fu) and hospital billing supervisor. His parents are retired and they are our newbie's caregivers while we're at work.

Our son is 3 1/2 months old and extremely cute! I'm trying to avoid gender stereotypes with him but it's difficult going. People seem shocked when they call him a girl and find out he's a boy and I reply "Oh he doesn't know and I don't care!"

Just the average reply for your friendly neighborhood anarchist and fat liberationist!

Sageac 09-02-2011 09:32 PM

[QUOTE=darbycrash;13679932]I'm not sure if we qualify as non-traditional or EXTREMELY traditional{QUOTE]

LOVE IT! One of my theories is that this thread will show us all (and Them) just how traditional we all really are. We live at home, and my mom lives with us. We're Poly too, but I think extended families are really important and should stick together/live together as much as possible.:)

Kudos on the "non-gender programming" I have avoided all the programming i could... yet my DS still refuses to wear pink and white shoes (mostly white... what's the issue?) tho e wore his pajamas to nursery school today, which I loved!

Nice to meet you!