Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Can I be the second... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1271569)

monkeymama07 09-01-2011 06:31 PM

Can I be the second...

to whine....

boo isnt going to his dads this weekend because he has lice :yuck:

One I have no clue what to do about lice so I did what the pharmacy said (and umm went more broke in the process than I already am - that shampoo is EXPENSIVE)

I shampood his hair, picked it with a combing thing and called his dad who opted out of taking him for his long weekend (but offered to drive and see him saturday)

so now Im trying to figure out how in the hell Im going to work friday, saturday, sunday. because I have no sitter lined up.

And to add to my GREAT day I went to pay daycare for next week and they are closed on monday :banghead:

and im freaking out that Im minght get it and MIGHT carry it to work :cry: which would be absolutly awful I work in a nursing home and lice in a nursing home SUCKS

usmcwifeymissinghim 09-01-2011 10:19 PM

Re: Can I be the second...

Ooo that sucks! Personally I would tell my ex that he doesn't have a choice! Thats my biggest problem with my stbx... whenever parenting isn't convienent he opts out! Not that I want to but why is it that the dad can pick and choose when he wants to be a parent and the mom cant? Ugh.. makes me so frustraded! Anyway... Did you get rid of all the lice? Hope so. Hopefully you will be able to find someone to take him all the way thru monday. Good luck!

monkeymama07 09-02-2011 01:15 AM

I dont know he has thick curly hair, I know there are still some knits but I think I got the lice :/

I cant lose a weeks worth of pay, I just called into work and told them I wont be in in the morning and I am looking for someone still but what sucks about my job is I dont come and someone will be mandated to stay and I hate that (Im hoping I find someone in the am I still am waiting for a few call backs - but fridays the worse because most people are at work I think I can cover sat, sun, and monday easier)

dragonfly263544 09-02-2011 05:46 AM

I'm the same way with my ex. He was sick the other day for this midweek and I told him tough! Nobody is here to take them when I'm sick, so too bad...wouldn't you know he was fine :)

Now, though, my 3.5 year old is sick with a fever, and my ex doesn't haven't his own place yet (he's been living with a new girl since we seperated). So, I think I'm going to have to let him come to the house, which I do NOT want to do, but DD is realy looking forward to the visit, and she can't go out that soon after having a fever.

I would tell him he still has to take him, parenting isn't always convenient...actually, most of the time, its not!

MrsCrafty 09-02-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonfly263544
I would tell him he still has to take him, parenting isn't always convenient...actually, most of the time, its not!

:yeahthat:

jmoon 09-02-2011 08:21 AM

I am just want to say, I delt with lice with last year, and it is very important to treat them correctly, or you will never get rid of them! I found that the shampoo at the store does NOT kill the nits, so unless you can pick them all out, they will hatch, and you will be back at square one. I was treating my three year old dd with long hair, and I couldn't get her to sit still enough to get all the nits out, so I had to treat twice. The second time I went to the doctor and got a prescribed treatment. It is really strong, smells terrible, and you have to leave it on their heads for 12 hours, but it works! It is called Malathion. It is also super important to treat the furniture, their beds, pillows, stuffed animals, ect. You can put whatever bedding in the wash on hot, and dry on high heat. Anything that doesn't fit in the washer needs to be put in a plastic trash bag and sealed. It has to stay there for 2 weeks. We also bought the cans of rid, and sprayed the mattresses, couches, carpets, ect. I know it can feel totally overwhelming, but you will get through it! Can you ask your childs father to pay for the treatments? GL, and I hope everything works out for you!

3rockstars 09-03-2011 07:52 AM

Do you have medical for your babe? If you call the doctor you can get them to prescribe it so that it's probably cheaper for you. My girls picked up lice from the daycare I used to work at(they would come with me everyday for a while) and I couldn't afford the treatment stuff for 3 kids plus myself so I called their pedi and got it prescribed so I only needed to buy it for myself. I know you already boght it but for next time(fingers crossed there won't be one!!!!).
Also, jmoon has the right idea. Bag up stuff and wash stuff daily. Bag pillows and change the pillow case daily and wash in hot water. Vacuum daily any carpeting. I hear mixed reviews on the products that treat mattresses and couches so I didn't do those but I did strip our beds and vacuum the mattresses every time I washed sheets. You have to treat again in a week when all the nits hatch before they grow up and lay eggs because if you don't, you'll never kill them. Pick out what you can find with a nit comb and just let the treatment kill the rest in a week from the first treatment day.

Suzi 09-05-2011 02:41 PM

Lice does suck. I would seriously shave my boy's heads if they had it. Make sure u clean up all the bedding too. I work. A 24-hour healthcare facility too so I understand the whole mandatory thing. sorry things are so stressful right now for you

qsefthuko 09-07-2011 03:00 AM

Be careful with the lice shampoo. Have you read the warning label? I used the shampoos on my daughter when she was 7. It burned her scalp and peeled the skin of. My mother did some research and came up with some essential oils to try. I put them in with the shampoo. This would kill all of the lice but not the nits. We used the shampoo for at least a month or longer. It got rid of the lice without the toxic effects on my children. My sister tried the more traditional first for at least a month. She even got the prescription from the doctor. As soon as she thought she finally had them beat she would find more. Finally she too did the essential oils and got rid of the lice. It takes time but we could no longer afford to take all the bedding to the laundromat every day. I also refused to put the medicated lice shampoo on my kids heads after what it did to my daughters scalp.

mommie2avery 09-29-2011 02:11 PM

We licked lice with mayo and plastic wrap. It suffocated them. Then a nice vinegar rinse to finish and she had lovely nice hair and no more lice. I can't remember how long we left eh mayo on for though. I think a few hours..... Good luck! (Hers were huge by the time we figured it out... the school never told us she had them though they discovered them a week before we did....... oh and it was a kid i baby sat)