Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Anyone Else? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1272562)

l_Kimmie_l 09-03-2011 04:50 PM

Anyone Else?

On their last pregnancy?

This is my last one. I am done at 4 kiddoes. That is a good number for me, will keep me busy, but allow me to still have some sanity. I am getting a tubal, but am trying to figure out how fast I can have it done.

I am hopefully having another easy vaginal delivery that will be easy peasy like my others. Can they do the procedure before I go home? I would LOVE to leave the hospital with a full tubal - no Essure or the like as I allergic to things in my body.

Anyone else done after this one? What are you planning? Anyone lurking who has had a tubal after delivery? When did you have it done and what was the recovery?

chayla 09-03-2011 05:06 PM

Re: Anyone Else?

This is our last! 4 is as many as I can handle, DH is going to be overwhelmed bad when #4 arrives! I was thinking about a tubal but my mom said she had one and bled SO bad that eventually she had to have a partial hystorectomy (sp?). That does not sound like something I want to go thru. I know it's not definate that it will happen to me but I just don't want to chance it. I am going to spend these months convincing DH to get snipped.

I also do not do well with foreign objects in my body!

CaliRoll 09-03-2011 05:14 PM

Me! We got a BFP the morning of DH's vasectomy.

I told DH the other day that I'm glad this is our last because I just can't handle another pregnancy. At 8 weeks, the morning sickness is 20x worse than my other two were, my sciatica is already kicked in, and my back is killing me. Plus with it being technically unplanned, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it. I'm not unhappy about the pregnancy, just not dancing with joy, either.

So yeah, we're done.

l_Kimmie_l 09-03-2011 05:47 PM

Glad I am not the only one. DH gave me a 2 year window to decide whether I wanted another one or not. I promised that with him turning 45 in May that I owuld be done. He would gladly get the snip, but I NEED to get a tubal. I do not want to go through some thing later that makes me want another one. If I am fixed, then I cannot change my mind or bother DH later about it.

I worry about it being surgery and that I could bleed. While a hystorectomy is not what I want, it is not horrible either as all the women in my family end up with one eventually. I am trying to prolong it by not putting objects in my body.

blueone 09-03-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l (Post 13684797)
On their last pregnancy?

This is my last one. I am done at 4 kiddoes. That is a good number for me, will keep me busy, but allow me to still have some sanity. I am getting a tubal, but am trying to figure out how fast I can have it done.

I am hopefully having another easy vaginal delivery that will be easy peasy like my others. Can they do the procedure before I go home? I would LOVE to leave the hospital with a full tubal - no Essure or the like as I allergic to things in my body.

Anyone else done after this one? What are you planning? Anyone lurking who has had a tubal after delivery? When did you have it done and what was the recovery?

This isn't my last at the moment (who knows what I will think in a couple years). But I do believe you can have a tubal done after a vaginal delivery before you leave the hospital. My mom had that done, though it was in the 80's. I don't think that's changed though.

It's not a large incision either. My mom doesn't have a scar. If I remember, they go through your belly button or something like that with a very small tool. I know they fill you with a little air and that it feels weird for a few days after. She told me a lot about it, it made me not want one though...I'm squeamish about things like that. My hubby said he'd get snipped and I'm fine with that. I'll just make sure I'm 100 percent positive and that I won't ask him to undo it.

dornmama 09-03-2011 06:31 PM

I am not at all sure if this will be our last or not. Pregnancies are just so stressful for me now with the losses we've had and I'm not sure I can put myself through it again. It's really hard to make the official call right now though. I always wanted a family of 4 and this will make #3 (out of 5 pregnancies).

As for the tubal, I would urge you to really do your research about the possible negative side effects that can be caused by a tubal before deciding to get one. Do a google search for post tubal ligation syndrome. I'm not trying to tell you not to get one, just to make sure you are fully informed of the pros and cons and also, if you do get a tubal, to be aware of what to watch out for afterwards.

l_Kimmie_l 09-03-2011 06:36 PM

I have researched the tubal ligation syndrome and decided it was much better than what I get on other birth control. Plus - I have PCOS and have had several losses prior. The idea of continuing to get PG and the associated health risks with that and the GD I get each time - the tubal seems like the logical thing. My MW suggested it after my last one, but I knew I wanted one more. I am sure that 4 is plenty. Thank you though for remindin gme to discuss treatment options for it in case with my GP :)

dornmama 09-03-2011 06:55 PM

:thumbsup: I hope I didn't offend you. :hugs:

l_Kimmie_l 09-03-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dornmama (Post 13685363)
:thumbsup: I hope I didn't offend you. :hugs:

Oh no! It is a real concern and I have been putting off talking tubal with my own self due to having to really research it. After seeing that this PG was viable and that I will most likely carry to term, I decided to do it. The symptoms were no worse and actually a bit nicer than my Paragard was to me. I am just too sensitive to have something in me. I felt awful like I had the flu when it was in. I knew it was there and it killed my sex drive. I bled like a stuck pig to and had horrible cramps!

At my age hormonal BC is out. I am not risking blood clots and stroke - I have MTHFR Factor that can cause that - for the sake of no more babies. My normal cycles are a dream, so even if I get the TLS, I will most likely get a worse period until menopause, which BC would have done anyway. Small price to pay to not have the thing fall out:roflmbo:

Watch I will be the 1% who comes back here in a year PG again! I swear, first I could not get PG to save my life. Now I cannot stay not PG:blush:

Computermama 09-03-2011 09:30 PM

Assuming everything goes ok (sorry, seeing the other ladies leave us has me a little spooked right now), this will most likely be our last. We had said, we'll get to two and then discuss it, but I can't see us having more. DH turns 38 this year, I'll be turning 33 right around my due date. It took 4 years total to conceive this one, I just don't think we'll be up for more at this stage in our lives.