Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Pregnancy Attire (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1272779)

l_Kimmie_l 09-04-2011 06:57 AM

Pregnancy Attire

I am at a loss of what I want to do this time. It is my last and frankly, I do not want to spend a million dollars on maternity fashion. I rather start saving for nursing tops. I am thinking that I will stay in my clothes for as long as possible and get one of those belly bands. I might look on here for some cheap or FFS stuff I can give away after I am done.

What are you all doing? I am to the point after 3 babies where maternity clothes are not in my budget. I rather have clothes that will fit after birth this time. Maybe yoga pants would be the way to go?:headscratch:

MNclothdiaperin'Momma 09-04-2011 07:18 AM

Re: Pregnancy Attire

I am currently in my yoga pants all the time. I did go to Children's Exchange and picked up a few pairs a maternity pants for $7 a piece and they look brand new! One pair is from the Gap and the other is Motherhood Mat. I like to have a few nice pants for going out and about in. I usually feel so frumpy anyways, I like to at least feel like I look nice. I will probably pick up just a couple more things, but won't spend more than $30 total on attire for during this pregnancy. I will save up for things for after to nurse in seems I usually (at least the last two times) I am back to pre-pregnancy size within about a week.

VWgurl619 09-04-2011 07:19 AM

I plan on looking on here as well. I don't want to spend 50 bucks for a shirt IMO. Jusy silly. There is also a kidsignment shop expo coming and I'll be looking there.

l_Kimmie_l 09-04-2011 07:46 AM

That is the thing for me! The cost of these clothes are crazy!! I mean really - why would I spend $50 for a shirt that I am only going to wear for max 6 months? Seriously! I do get use out of my nursing tops, as I BF for up to 11-14 months depending on my baby and supply. Crap - I do not spend $50 on clothes I can get 15 years out of...LOL!!

I am thinking i have yoga/sports pants that I bought after Quinn, 2 years ago. They stretch, can be worn under belly with a belly band, and worn PP as well while I lose the weight. I might get some cheap/FFS pants or shirts for going out in that I can simply give away for free when I am done.

Anyone have a good belly band recommendation? I want a good one that is supportive and holds the pants up. I had some cheaper ones before that were more for covering your belly for nursing.

blueone 09-04-2011 07:55 AM

I plan on shopping at the thrift shop in town. Although, I do need to get a maternity coat, I sincerely doubt mine will fit and our winter gets cold (northern new york). Otherwise, a couple pair of pants will suffice me fine. I wish I could wear the shirts I wore with my son, but I lived in southern california and he was a summer baby.

l_Kimmie_l 09-04-2011 08:01 AM

My past was a summer baby and got rid of it all. I did have 2 May babies and wish I had kept that stuff...LOL! I will need large coat - sigh - as I got a nice new small coat last year for my nice new post baby body....LOL! So much for that! LOL!

rahhlady 09-04-2011 08:10 AM

I still have my maternity stuff from my last pegnancy. Do you guys ever look at Ross? I got my maternity stuff there and didn;t see prices like you guys are talking about. I didn't spend more that $11 on any article of clothing, including Jeans....

blueone 09-04-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahhlady (Post 13687455)
I still have my maternity stuff from my last pegnancy. Do you guys ever look at Ross? I got my maternity stuff there and didn;t see prices like you guys are talking about. I didn't spend more that $11 on any article of clothing, including Jeans....

We don't have a Ross out here. We don't have a Motherhood out here either. But we have an Old Navy and their stuff is pretty reasonably priced! Target has a good selection of reasonably priced maternity clothes too. Kohls is a good place, but none of their selection last time really fit, I'm too petite I guess.

MNclothdiaperin'Momma 09-04-2011 08:19 AM

Most of the stores around here (except Motherhood Maternity obviously) are slowly getting rid of the maternity clothes, so many places don't have much selection of styles, sizes...Especially for someone as short as I am.

JeDeeLenae 09-04-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Most of the stores around here (except Motherhood Maternity obviously) are slowly getting rid of the maternity clothes, so many places don't have much selection of styles, sizes...Especially for someone as short as I am.

Ddc, but I experienced the same thing! I still wear regular clothes for the must part at almost 26 weeks. I have 2 pairs of maternity jeans and I use my be band from Target to keep my pants up. It was $16 and works great. I can't compare it to the more expensive ones, but haven't found a need to replace it either. For shirts, I just started buying stretchy shirts one size larger if I can't find maternity, and I only shop the clearance and sale racks. Good luck!